• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Trails?

Gs06Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone know of any trails in Southern Oregon? I only have 2wd, so it cant be nothing crazy. I would like to get my truck alittle dirty got off roadin or just some trail riding.

Any ideas that are a decent way to drive, would be great.

Thanks!

89REDRANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Buick
Engine Size
3.3 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I don't know of anything in Southern Oregon, but if you are ever in the Bend area hit me up. I can show you a lot up here. Lot's of stuff that is 2WD accessable.

TMarsh04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
Check out this website...

http://www.oohva.org/

There's a map on their site with links to a number of OHV parks scattered all accross Oregon. Check it out!

Gs06Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I don't know of anything in Southern Oregon, but if you are ever in the Bend area hit me up. I can show you a lot up here. Lot's of stuff that is 2WD accessable.
Thanks, whenever i go out that way, i will let you know..

And yes, im in the ashland area.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
what about the oregon dunes? if you aired down you should be able to go a lot of places.its fun just watch out you don't jump anthing very tall and mess up your truck.it would be advisable to have a buddy with a 4x4 or a quad or two to help get unstuck though.tons of old logging roads around also.

Gs06Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
what about the oregon dunes? if you aired down you should be able to go a lot of places.its fun just watch out you don't jump anthing very tall and mess up your truck.it would be advisable to have a buddy with a 4x4 or a quad or two to help get unstuck though.tons of old logging roads around also.
I dont know where any old logging trails are.. Can i get some more info on that?

Also, none of my buddies have something incase i get stuck.

Gs06Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Also, since i am still somewhat new to the truck and off road scene.. What is Class I,II & III. I see that on alot of the off highway road pages and i am not sure what that means. Can someone tell me what 1,2,3 are..

Thanks

camma83

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
THis big " "
Transmission
Manual
the classes are what options are on the truck, shocks, skid plates, limited slip and so on... Get yourself a highlift jack and some shovels, thats all i needed when i had my 2wd ranger.. o ya you need a passenger as well to help u dig, Also look into a comealong and some lengths of chain. When i went offroadin in my 2wd i also only went up trails and not down trail do to the gettin back out part, i got stuck one year because i went down somethin i could not get back up(But speed fixed that)

Woods-Rider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i think he is referring to the class I, II, and III that refer to quads, 4x4's, and dirt bikes respectively. they use this class system on a lot of maps to designate who can go on what trails.

Gs06Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i think he is referring to the class I, II, and III that refer to quads, 4x4's, and dirt bikes respectively. they use this class system on a lot of maps to designate who can go on what trails.
Yes! So how do i kow where i can take my truck and cant? I dont wanna piss some quader off or anything.. ya know.. I just wanna have a little fun, but not ruin it for others

TMarsh04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
I don't think you need to worry much about pissin anybody off. I used to take my truck out to an ORV park in Washington that I swear had no trails meant for trucks. A lot of the guys up there would stop to watch me try and get stuck in the narrow trails. They just get a kick out of it. I just wouldn't recommend any high speed runs, don't wanna mow somebody over!

Gs06Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
^^^^

Rite on.. i dont do high speed.. i just cruise.. take some pics.. relaxe..and get dirty!

Last edited:

Woods-Rider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Well, i ride dirt bikes also and people can get really upset because trucks tear up some nice trails. plus if they are designated trails then usually there is a forest service guy in the area writing tickets for things like that. most designated trail systems have a sign at trail heads indicating the name, difficulty and classes allowed on that specific trail.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals