• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Suicidal thoughts...

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am at that stage and thought of suicide again..

So much stress has really laid and weighed me down this time..

Have no fucking idea on how to deal with it..I do see a psychologist weekly, it helps, when I get so far gone I distance myself from people and life.

My friend is dying in the hospital, not from COVID other health issues..seeing the family deal with this is heartbreaking...known him for 25 years. I miss my Rebecca, the shoulder pain, many other things..

I do believe in God, have my whole life..there have been signs from him and hearing Rebecca's voice..I am so scared on what will happen.

My mind wanders with these thoughts.

How should I clear these thoughts from my mind?

Really need some input for those who can really help.
Who can you help? I have a 19 year old child I deal with this all the time. We are alone in the universe with nuclear reactions and big rocks and physics and shit flying at us. It's up to us. Instead of looking inside, look outside. Go help somebody else. Be a rung on somebodies ladder. That's a DO. Go to an assisted living center and play checkers. Don't waste yourself. People need you. Stop thinking selfish.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Who can you help? I have a 19 year old child I deal with this all the time. We are alone in the universe with nuclear reactions and big rocks and physics and shit flying at us. It's up to us. Instead of looking inside, look outside. Go help somebody else. Be a rung on somebodies ladder. That's a DO. Go to an assisted living center and play checkers. Don't waste yourself. People need you. Stop thinking selfish.
This is excellent advice. it is hard to be down or have those thoughts if you are helping someone else. with the state of things right now, food pantries are having trouble keeping up. volunteer. help someone who is in a bad place get to a better place in their lives. My wife and I volunteered for a very small pantry at our previous church. the interesting thing about he patrons was a good portion (probably 2/3 of them) wanted someone to talk with them talk about their issues, about life. some made poor choices, some just had a crap load dropped on them family/ job/ health wise and no real friends or family to sort it out with. A poverty of relationship is what its called, and having somewhere to turn to is a great way to get on an upward swing. you can be the one light that brings them hope.

AJ

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
How are things going @mtnrgr ?

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
@mtnrgr check in please. Hope all is well.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Anyone here live near this guy or have his number to call or drive by and check real quick?

mtnrgr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6" Skyjacker, with 1.5" coil spacers, custom radius arms, custom traction bars
Tire Size
31x10.50
My credo
Lord God is my guardian
Bare with me, December was not a good month and I attempted a suicide on Christmas day... admitted myself to the hospital, and was given a pass to a center that assists individuals like myself in these situations. January was not easy either.. middle of the month I attempted again..was found and rushed to the er. End of January I was stable to a point I could go home, with close supervision. I have seen my whole life before multiple times and not sure what I am seeing, I will say I have seen God...we have made a bigger and better bond. I saw my Rebecca a few times also.

I am on the mends of recovery each day, yet still have a road in front of me standing and waiting for me.

I have been on trs now for 22 years, have known alot of people on here that are long gone..those I know today...

Those who really know me will know what this means, sometimes we win, we fail, other times we gotta do things twice.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
Well ..your still here

That's really something.

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
Possibly after these attempts God has a bigger and better plan for you? If you have attempted and something/someone has kept that from happening (thank God) then there is surely reason in your existence right? Do you have a mission? What is your goal at this point?

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
If one was to succeed at this horrific thought it leaves that sole in question of what is to come(no different than waking up in your queen sized bed thinking you have to be at work at 6am) you could get hit by a fucking semi on the road and never know it. If that’s what was meant to be, then it would have happened. Clearly someone/something stronger than us knows and wants you here, just like TRS and all of your loved ones. That pain caused by the “successful “ attempt is so far worse than the loved one struggling asking for help. Man the world today is FUCKED. Don’t worry about it, what positives do you have? Just list those. Nothing more nothing less. What positives do you have?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Glad to hear from you :icon_thumby:

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
Glad you are still alive. The holidays always suck for me, then February comes along with valentines day to remind me I'm alone, and a birthday to remind me I'm getting old. Life usually gets better around spring... summers are always miserably hot, but mentally and emotionally cool. Then right around Halloween time life starts to suck again lol. Lastly it seems every 10 years I go through a period of a bunch of effed up stuff happening at once. I've got about 8 years until the next one, and will hopefully be better prepared this time. Braced for impact lol. Hang tough dude.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
@mtnrgr you had a couple of us worried. Glad to see your still visiting TRS. I don't know what to say, except I'm glad you were unsuccessful. Maybe suicide isn't what your good at and you should keep doing what you ARE good at. Whatever that is, do it. ALL THE TIME.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I'm glad your still here.

Perhaps you were unsuccessful because deep down inside you didn't want to be successful.

Mabey you should get one of these:

Look at that happy face. That's what's going to greet you every time you come home.

Chapap

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
1.5” till I get these springs replaced
Tire Size
225-70-R14
From my experience with folks going thru stuff, it’s harder on those around the them than the person themself. Not even close friends necessarily. Just folks who are in regular contact and know what’s going on. Here’s my story. I find it to be comical, but no one else does.

I fell off a hover board on thanksgiving 2021, mildly broke my back, got concussed, and lost consciousness for a short time. Got a head/back CT scan at the ER that found cancer. I don’t really think about any of it and am just along for the ride. Not so much with everyone around me.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Glad you are still around. Take it one day at a time, get someone local to you to talk to as well, someone you can text and tell them you are struggling and they can meet up with you in person.

most churches will have a ministry that can help with that.

AJ

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals