• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Speedo Cable

1BadRS

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The truck is a 84 Bronco II, 2.8, C5 and 1350 manual T case. I'm installing a set of autometer guages including the speedo. I bought an adapter that replaces the factory speedo gear assembly in the transfer case in order to get the correct signal for the autometer guage.

I can't seem to figure out how to get that horse shoe looking clip off that holds the speedo cable in the gear assembly. How does that clip come out?

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It doesn't HAVE to come off if you are replacing it, does it?

You remove that one bolt and the only thing holding the gear drive in is the o-ring. Pry it out!

Once you have it out, you can TRY to spread the clip if you HAVE to. I would just hold the sensor in a vise and hit the fork with a hammer. It's a thick fork, so expect to hit it pretty hard, using a solid drift. Should slide off with some pursuation.

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
I just set up the electronic sender for a manual with auto meter gauges, the little clip that holds the gear on is just a retainer that will pull right off, and then you can just pull the entire cable out of the truck from the bottom. I can take a look at my old parts Friday if your still having issues then.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals