• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Shorty Headman Headers for my 5.0 swap

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
Just scored a set of nice headman headers for my swap...Anyone use these? there the shorty version....So hopefully thetyll clear everything they need to and give me a little more performance...

Let me know..thanks!

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Pete's right, there are some good, bad and ugly when it comes to the Headman Headers, lot of it has been posted here before about which fit good and which don't
Dave

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Just scored a set of nice headman headers for my swap...Anyone use these? there the shorty version....So hopefully thetyll clear everything they need to and give me a little more performance
:icon_idea::icon_rofl: You REALLY should learn to use the "search" button.:icon_rofl: in these and other forums :D

red85

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 ci
Transmission
Automatic
:icon_idea::icon_rofl: You REALLY should learn to use the "search" button.:icon_rofl: in these and other forums :D
:icon_thumby::icon_rofl: If they're 88400's you should be fine. If they're 89500's then get ready to do some re-engineering for the passenger side.:icon_welder:

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
yah im not sure what thenumber is but the passenger side collector touches the frame so i decided im gonna try to cut the collector off and weld a flex piece or have a bent section welded on by a fab shop that will make it fit exactly how i want it to...otherwise they look sharp and will give me the HP and torqu increase i want right off the bat..and nothing better than a good headers back true dual exhaust system..

thanks though guys...!

might of got the wrong ones but they were still $20..... Darn i have to do some fabbing...lol

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
The 89500's (this is the Ranger swap header)collector points straight down into the axle. The 88400 (these were forthe early Fairlanes & Falcons)points back over the starter towards the firewall. Both use the same drivers side header.

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
thanks dude...yah mine are very similar and mine points back at the starter i believe...But i kow for sure its hitting the frame...well the collector is....well see what we can do though...

Only the end can truely tell...lol...WHENS THE END! lol

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
yah....... now that i lookd at it, i think i got the 88400's.....maybe...all i know is they where on a 5.0l motor that was in a late 80's mustang...but they look exactly the same left and right....not like the recommended..lol........WOOPS...guess i gotta keep an eye out...

Last edited:

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
You bought fox body Stang shortys. Only the 94-95's come close to working in a Ranger and even these require notching the frame on the passenger side to fit. The left side tubes are different from the 79-93's to allow them to clear the steering box. Once again, a little searching for this info would have saved you the headache of buying the wrong headers. This stuff gets covered here 2-3 tiems a month.

jimmy3970

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
302 v8 5.0
Transmission
Automatic
I bought my shorty hedders for my 85 ranger swap from summitracing to fit my 302 engine i put in the truck. They cost me but it was worth the money. Bought a lot of my 302 engine & transmission swap parts from & at Motorchrome.com too. Hope this helps you.

pyrosity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/85
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0/5.0L
well it only cost me 20 bucks for the headers and as soon as i find some one with a mustang ill sell em to them for 50 bucks...make them a deal and il get another 30 bucks to add towards the right headers i need....Thanks though!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals