• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Seafoam

Lrpalo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have read on here and other places that it will do wonders for an engine. But also that there are several ways in which to add it to an engine. My truck hit 320,000 miles last week and I figured if the stuff is as good as people say maybe my engine would enjoy a nice cleaning. I wanted to know what people found to be the most effective way to add it to your engine?

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I put some in my gas tank and didnt notice any difference

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Get the engine hot and pull half of the can into the engine using the vacuum line going to the carbon cannister . You may need to feather the throttle so it dont die then turn it off for at least ten minutes. When you start it make sure your out in the open and run the engine at around 2500 rpm until it stops smoking and you can put the remainder in the fuel tank.

02 ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002, 2008
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l, 6.4l
Transmission
Automatic
About two months ago i seafoamed my ranger and i noticed big fuel economy and power was restores. I bought to cans of sea foam and a can of deep creep which is also made by sea foam. I put 1 can of sea foam in my gas tank, and 3/4 of the other thru the brake booster. To do this first remove the hose then start your engine (make sure it is hot before you do this) and SLOWLY suck in the desired amount, then after it is all in shut it off. Wait 10 to 15 mins and start your engine and mess with the throttle for about 1 minute then drive it around. THEIR WILL BE A LOT OF WHITE SMOKE!!!! With the remainder of the can put that in your crank case. Change your oil soon after ( no more than 100 miles!). Then with the deep creep take your intake hose of so that you can see the throttle body and generously spray it inside of it. Your done. Takes about 30 mins and i saw great improvements.

93_RangerSC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im just iffy on sucking a liquid up into my engine i just keep having thoughts bout motors locking up...

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
im just iffy on sucking a liquid up into my engine i just keep having thoughts bout motors locking up...
Won't be a problem with the quantity we are talking about. you only use a third of the can, you can hold that quantity in your cupped hands. this small amount is spread all over the intake so it goes equally into the cylinders.

when you hydrolock your engine by going into deep water you are taking several pints of water (if not quarts) in at one time, effectively filling a cylinder with water. water does not compress, so bang junked engine.

use the brake booster line or any other vacuum line and you will not be able to generate the volume of liquid to hydrolock an engine with just a hand full of liquid...

AJ

Lrpalo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Should I pour it down the line or will there be enough vacuum pressure to pull it out of the can

02 ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002, 2008
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l, 6.4l
Transmission
Automatic
Should I pour it down the line or will there be enough vacuum pressure to pull it out of the can
Their will be plenty vacuum. You dont even need a funnel. Straight outa the can is fine.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ive poured a whole entire can into my trucks vacuum line without hydrolock, it smokes but it burns which helps prevent the lockup. You can also pour a can into your oil fill and run it for a small while. That way when you change the oil (hopefully soon after) It will help clean alot of the garbage out of everything.

I have done both, poured it into the oil and didnt change the oil for 3000 miles, and also not used it in the oil and just flushed it with kerosene,(1 qt, run it for 11 seconds, drain it again) both ways work fine for cleaning out extra gunk from the crankcase.

Seafoam inthe fuel I have heard mixed reviews, not the product bashing like alot of guys do, but good arguments about the way it works. It will help clean your fuel lines, tank and pickps, but will not work as an octane booster. The absoulte best results is from flooding my intake a couple times.

brevity

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just purchased a '98 4.0 4x4 extra cab, 139K miles. I want to seafoam it, but I'm a little worried that the seafoam will "create" problems by uncovering something that is working fine now. Am I overthinking it?

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i've used this stuff twice and it is GREAT. my explorer accelerates much better now and i get a few more MPG's. i suck half of the can through the vacuum line on my brake booster and put the other half in the gas tank. it cost's more than other fuel cleaners, but it works much better.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals