• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rims?

downeastbeast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
First post, easy question for you all:

I've got a 99 ranger, 2.5L standard, 2wd, 14in rims.

In my experience, older ranger rims (even 14in 5 lug ones) don't fit on my truck (the center hole aint quite wide enough)

this truck is a BEATER so I aint buying a new set of rims

so, my buddy can get me these 4 aftermarket rims out of the junkyard. I tried them out and they bolt up but that center hole is about 1/4" LARGER than the wheel hub all the way around. My buddy says "no problem, they just came of of a 4x4"

so is he right? and can I run these rims on my 2wd ranger? They bolt right up and everything and I'm sick of looking for new used rims....

Thanks guys and gals :)

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yes 4x4 ranger rims actually all ranger rims have the 5 on 4.5" or metric 5 on 114.5mm. the only difference is the center hole. the 4x4's need extra room to wrap around the hubs. As long as the seat up right and bolt down correctly you are fine.

My aftermarket rims are a bit larger in the center hole and I have run them for about 6,000 miles on both my 84 and 99 rangers.

kevinnate

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
First post! Also need clarification:

I also have a 14 in. rims on my 1998 Ranger XL 2WD and was wondering if all older Rangers have the same center hole size , my is about 2.75 inches diameter? I purchase a tire off a Ranger and it had a 2.5 inch diameter center hole on a 14 in. rim, so it did not fit (maybe it was not a Ranger tire). Can someone clarify or measure there early1990’s Ranger 2WD center hole? The tech library on this site stated all rangers center hub are about 2.75 inches.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals