• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Regular Cab vs Extended Cab Ranger Bucket Seats?

mpire

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 97 standard cab XLT ranger that just won't die, so I have decided to keep it around a bit longer.

I currently have eddie bauer interior in it from an Exploder. Its nice haveing leather and lumbar, but I would really like to get more leg room.

So I am going to see if I can find some late model ranger seats to put in it. I have to have buckets because I have the Exploder center console.

So basically I want the most desirable seats out there that everyone else also wants.

The question is, other than the seat brackets, is there any difference in the bucket seats between the regular and extended cab 2006-2012 Rangers?

Specifically, I can't recline the leather seats very far, so I would like to get some more recline and slide in my regular cab truck.

Thanks in advance for the info!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have heard some of the later ones have brackets made to the seat so swapping tracks wouldn't be an option.

It would be pretty easy to notice as soon as the seat is pulled from the donor though. Like mid 00's.

I like my buckets but am going back to a bench. It saddens me because I love my console but everything hits the back window and forces me close to the dash/steering wheel (first gens have smaller cabs than third (93+) trucks)

Last edited:

Burls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3 DHOC
Transmission
Automatic
04+ ranger seats are a lot taller then your current exploder seats. I'm willing to bet that you'll lose leg room. Plus the seat tracks/brackets are integrated into the seat bottom. Have you looked at maita seats?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Its a regular cab, no matter what seats you put you won't be able to recline much.

Just my $0.02

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If you really want more leg room your best bet in Ranger seats are either a bench (I know) or low back buckets from a first gen Ranger. If you need more legroom in a regular cab, no seat is going to give you much more recline, especially not a high back bucket.

Like 85 said the most legroom I have ever had in a Ranger was a first gen with a bench. I really want buckets in the 86 Regular cab I'm building, and I'm going to try a few different sets of buckets from Mustangs. I really want the late model Mach 1 seats, but I think the higher back will not fit me right. Next attempt will be early model low back Mustang (or other 60-70s ford) buckets. That said I have a feeling that I'll end up right back with a bolstered first gen bench for the legroom, had one in my 84 and it was comfortable.

(first gens have smaller cabs than third (93+) trucks)
Actually it was '98 when the regular cabs gained the 3" length.

Last edited:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm considering a bench for my 06. Always loved benches.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Actually it was '98 when the regular cabs gained the 3" length.
For some reason they feel like they have more room.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals