• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger Petition

JayGeePee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V6(3.0)
Transmission
Manual
I'm trying to get a good online petition together for a more powerful ranger option... Something like the new 305hp V6 in the Mustang or something comparable in performance would be a nice factory option. Because lets face it the Rangers are beautiful trucks, but are lacking in the performance area. I'm trying to get some yea's or nay's on this site to send to Ford. Who knows...:icon_thumby:

Last edited:

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I would say nay to having it as a factory option for the standard line of rangers, but if they brought back somethin like the STX or something, or a new sports model, I would say yea

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
since this version of the ranger is slated for death in the next year or 2 i dont think it would happen.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
Ya, I hate to say it, but the Ranger platform as we know it, is on deathrow. Maybe when Ford comes out with a new platform with the Ranger's logo on it, then maybe we will see those wonderful options.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i live about 2 hours north of St. Paul, Mn. where the rangers are built. the union contracts run out late next year. the ranger as we know it will be history. a petition from a group of people representing probably less than 10% of ranger buyers is not going to change that fact. might be better time spent seeking Divine intervention. just a thought.

The Toolman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
99 Ranger Auto
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 cyl
Transmission
Manual
i live about 2 hours north of St. Paul, Mn. where the rangers are built. the union contracts run out late next year. the ranger as we know it will be history. a petition from a group of people representing probably less than 10% of ranger buyers is not going to change that fact. might be better time spent seeking Divine intervention. just a thought.

Thats a pile of BS. I've tried that with the tooth fairy for 44 years an it hasn't did a thing. Had ta buy my own teeth

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
It wouldnt be a benefit anyways, the mustang engine platform is a hgih rpm runner, its how they hit the numbers and MPG's. THey sacrificed torque, so to speak, torque goes up but in a ratio format it actualy drops. TQ:HP old vs TQ:HP new, etc. However a redesigned torquier powerplant specifically for the ranger without the coffing would be a bangup idea. Lets just work on petitioning for to let us keep the ranger.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
Both the ecoboosts (i.e. the 305 hp V6 the Mustang now has, and the I4) actually have surprisingly flat Torque curves. They have all the latest variable valve timing tech, and combined with the direct injection and turbo's, have made a very impressive power curve.

However, it's a lost cause. There is no future for the current Ranger form as we know it. The tooling will be sold off to aftermarket parts suppliers, and that's that.

There's no reason to completely redesign the drivetrain for something that's going out the door in a year or two.

Hate to crap on one's dreams, but that's where this one's going to stay...

That is until these puppies start showing up in salvage yards :icon_welder:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I think we should just petition current owners of Rangers to make sure they oil their trucks so when we get them to rebuild we don't have so many problems to deal with...:)

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
New 3.7 V6

305HP at 6,500 RPM
280 TQ at 4,250 RPM

No thanks.

I'll keep my 220 TQ at 2,400 RPM that my 4.0 produces.

Now, if they made a new motor, maybe 4.2 or 4.3 liter with around 300 TQ at 2,500 RPM, then sign me up.

Kirbot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
258 straight six
Transmission
Manual
Um...
Not to step on anybodys toes but...
The Ranger's a truck, leave the racing to the mustang.
No matter what engine is in it , it will still handle like a truck.

Nothing wrong with anybody who puts bigger engines in them, but as a factory option, it just wouldn't make sense to me.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
just a note, the ranger is not going to die, it makes too much money to discontinue =P

Iron Ranger

Run lil' ricer RUN!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
0.040 punched 302
Transmission
Manual
They could go the way of the F-150. Those trucks have all the little steps and such built in for the older folks or people who have a hard time getting up into the box.

A larger V6 would up the selling point, plus they have the technology to put more power under the hood, without increasing weight or fuel consumption.

Either way, if it dies, I sure hope they don't go with a stupid name for the replacement...........

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
THis is a long dead arguement, Ford hates money so they discontinue the best selling midsize car, the taurus, now they are discontinuing the best selling small pick up (after overpricing it fo rthe last 5 years)

Why? because Ford hates money, duh........
What we have to do is take our old worn out POS's and mod them to suit our needs, or just shut the hell up, spend the money and get a yota.
Theres no petition that can stop that, it's not a thought........... it's a fact.

Frank

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals