• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Randy's Ring & Pinion Doesn't Do It Again!!!

Randy M.

Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Friday (02-27-09) I ordered a differential shim kit and spacer for a customers vehicle. ( I have a small shop as well as my day job). I spoke w/ Aaron Spitzer and he was helpful in finding what I needed but came across as a little cocky. I can handle that, not a big deal but a little annoying. :annoyed: After getting the total of my purchase, I asked that he e-mail me a tracking number. I provided my e-mail address, gave him my payment information, shipping address and confirmed the parts were to be here on 03-03-09. I called my customer and advised that the parts would be here 03-03-2009 and that I would be able to have their vehicle back to them on 03-04-2009.

Well, here it is 03-04 and I have no parts from Randy’s Ring and Pinion and I have never received a tracking number or e-mail either. I called Customer Service and I end up getting Aaron again. He checks and it appears that my order was sent to Oklahoma. :icon_surprised: I live in Ohio. It appears that the wrong zip code was entered in on my shipping info. I understand that mistakes happen. I asked why I had not gotten an e-mail with a tracking number and it appears that he never added it to my file. :icon_confused: If he would have done this, I would have known on 02-27-2009 that the zip code was wrong and could have called and gotten it corrected. I explained this to Aaron and he offered to refund my shipping charges, I said that was fine. He then stated that he could tell I was annoyed. I said “I am. If you would have done what you said you were going to do, we would not have this issue. Now I have to call my customer and explain that the parts have not arrived and it will be at least another couple days.” He said “Well what do you want me to do?” :shok: Now is it just me or do you think it would be to difficult to simply say “ Mr. Miller, I am sorry I messed up your order, I’ll get the problem fixed.” I think that would be appropriate in this situation. :dunno:

This will be the third time I have ordered parts from Randy’s Ring & Pinion and this is the third time I have had issues. The first time it was the wrong part. The second time my order just never got shipped at all. Now my parts end up 800 miles from me. Each and every time I have delt with this company I have found the sales staff to be very rude, abrupt and uncaring.

I wish anyone that does do business with Randy’s Ring & Pinion the best of luck.

Randy's Ring & Pinion :thefinger:

brendank

It's only money...
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I've been disappointed with them in the past as well. One time I ordered 4.56 gears for a D35 and they sent me D30 gears. Then they expected me to pay to ship them back, and to re ship the correct gears.

That's something that really twists me the wrong way. Why should I pay for a mistake made by someone else??

Frankly, I don't even really shop around anymore. I've bought enough stuff online that I know exactly who I need to talk to for the type of part that I'm looking for. Based on past experience, I know that the business has good service, and will certainly have the best price. There are 2 main places that I deal with. That's it.

Customers shouldn't have to compromise.

Last edited:

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Unfortunately, that slogan, "the customer is always right," has gone the way of the manual transmission and hard work. Its one area that I always strive to achieve when working with customers. Its sad that a company with as much influence as Randys R&P has on the market that there customer service lacks the basic skills to serve the market.

Randy M.

Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
UPDATE!!!!

I did finally get my parts on 03/06. The box was actually sent to Oklahoma.

The parts were correct this time. The package was little on the hurt side, but everything was un-damaged.

Today, 03/09 I got my notice in the mail that they have credited my account for the shipping charges.

As of today...no call back as I requested on Aaron's voicemail, and no apology.

Daniel_187

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Just wondering if they are such Buttheads why do you order through them? do they have a part that only they make and you need. if I get screwed by a online retailer or a store I just don't go back. sorry to hear about the hold up I know what its like to be working on something and get held up waiting for parts.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals