• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Project: SVT Wannabe

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Any time bill, I teased Jim and said next time i come over we'll do an engine swap. LOL

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
So what do you guys think about these? I didn't want to go any bigger than 17s and I not a fan of chrome. But for $500 I don't think I can pass these up and they would fill the wells nicly with the new drop I think. The tires alone are worth it IMO. They are in Strongsville right around the corner from you Black'03LevelII.

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
Very nice! I like shiny stuff!

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Glad you finally got the springs in. Give them a couple weeks to settle. And I told you not to remove the lower control arm.

I hate chrome, so I would never even think of buying those. But they are a good price. And the tires look awesome. I say buy them and paint them black.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Glad you finally got the springs in. Give them a couple weeks to settle. And I told you not to remove the lower control arm.

I hate chrome, so I would never even think of buying those. But they are a good price. And the tires look awesome. I say buy them and paint them black.
Yea I forgot. we ended up figuring out to just unbolt the shock from the top and pry down on the whole assembly and then pry the springs out. I had my laptop with me to use as a referance but everytime I tried to use it it would shut off and I would half to reboot it and I couldn't take that long so I just went without it.

It crossed my mind to paint them black or look into powder coating them so it last. But Down the road i'm sure i'll have a few sets of wheels I still really want some black SVT EAP wheels. So I think I might keep the chrome for I know people around here will snatch'em up later when I would want to resale.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
EAPs are so overdone since they started putting them on the newer Foci. The only stock ones I like are the Saleens. Which happens to be the only thing I actually like about the Saleens too.

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
It crossed my mind to paint them black or look into powder coating them so it last. But Down the road i'm sure i'll have a few sets of wheels I still really want some black SVT EAP wheels. So I think I might keep the chrome for I know people around here will snatch'em up later when I would want to resale.
Leave 'em chrome bro, there is a local company close to me that does all of that stuff. They told a guy once (I was in the showroom at the moment) that tryin to change a finish like that will mess 'em up. I'm no expert on this but I figure if a company that does it says that, hmmmmm . . . . .

trailbikerider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
It's amazing how many people there are from FJ and FF on TRS :lol:

My screename over there is the same as on here. Here's my car:

Good progress so far! I say definitely get those ASA's, if not for just the tires on them!

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
It's amazing how many people there are from FJ and FF on TRS :lol:

My screename over there is the same as on here. Here's my car:

Good progress so far! I say definitely get those ASA's, if not for just the tires on them!
Thanks man. Yep I'm getting them, meeting up with the FF member tomarrow at 2. You have a damn nice ride yourself I can't wait to get a SVT font on mine. That car looks sick. I hope mine turns out have as good as your does. I'll half to look ya up on FF.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Besides pick up the rims tomarrow afternoon the only thing i've done is remove the dealer sticker from the trunk to clean up the rear bit. I also added a FF sticker to the rear window.

Before:

After:

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
New wheels, thanks to FF member yellowalien! this was taken right after I put them on. 18x7.5 ASA JH2s monted on 215/40-18 BF Goodrich G-force tires.

These right after I got home:

trailbikerider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Those look REALLY REALLY good on your car!!!

Oh by the way, you need to ditch FF and head over to FocalJet. MUCH better site. FF has been on a downward spiral in the past year. It's a horrible site IMO.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic

Oh by the way, you need to ditch FF and head over to FocalJet. MUCH better site. FF has been on a downward spiral in the past year. It's a horrible site IMO.
I've thought about joining up just for shits and giggles, but never think about it when I have the time. I'll prolly head over later tonight. Once I get done eating. Oh and thanks for the compliments!

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

I have noticed that. Too bad I absolutely hate FJ and the way they treat their members.

trailbikerider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
FJ is not bad at all. I used to think the same thing too, Dustin. Give it a try.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals