• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Please help!!! Need truck for tomorrow!!!

CableGuyRanger!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone have a schematic for the PCM harness by chance?

I'm going to pickup a 30amp breaker to help diagnose this without $3/pop fuses, I'll start over the motor on the firewall, harness is in rough shape being nearly 20yrs old so that was my bet, also along valve cover above exhaust header. I'll update as soon as I track this down. Will disconnect harness at different points to narrow the search as much as possible.

enjr44

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 2X4; 08 FX4
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I'd pull the connector off the PCM and try another fuse to see where that takes you.

CableGuyRanger!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'd pull the connector off the PCM and try another fuse to see where that takes you.
enjr44, that was my first thought is unplug the PCM and see what it does, I absolutely cannot stand electrical issues :( but being that I cannot afford someone to do it I guess I get to lol

I'll start without the PCM connected, that should rule out a bad PCM, also a short in the harness explains why it was fine Saturday, must have broken free and hit something it didn't like. Time will tell, had to run to work for a bit but will be heading home shortly to get back into it.

Also was thinking of unplugging right under intake where harness travels over towards PCM, my bet is near firewall by the EGR valve or along exhaust header.

CableGuyRanger!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
WOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOO Found my shorted wire, not even sure what it's actually connected to but once I found her she started right up!!!

Attachments

enjr44

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 2X4; 08 FX4
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Man, that is/was ugly!!!

I think I would go over the rest of wiring. :popcorn:

CableGuyRanger!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm planning on going thru the entire harness to verify, found bare wires on the CKP connector when I changed that. 20yr old harness is the desert has stood up well but definitely giving in to the age and temp.

I did secure harness better throughout the engine bay to prevent anything in the mean time. This guy was wedged under the power steering pump and arcing on itself along with the hardline section of power steering hose.

This particular one was easy, was able to cut back wire, resolder and heatshrink. Tucked back into loom and electrical taped the loom. I'm sure I will find others too, just very thankful this was easy to find and repair, to be honest was dreading coming home and doing it.

Thanks for everyones help and suggestions!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals