• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures....

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
After spending so much time reading through so many threads in this forum. There are hardly any pics of any v8's in the trucks, or the process or blah blah blah. I am still mocking mine up for fitment with the motor mounts. But I will be taking plenty of pics.

:icon_bounceblue:

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
After spending so much time reading through so many threads in this forum. There are hardly any pics of any v8's in the trucks, or the process or blah blah blah. I am still mocking mine up for fitment with the motor mounts. But I will be taking plenty of pics.

:icon_bounceblue:
That's because many of us here did our swaps years ago and if we were able to post pics then, those that did got lost in the shuffle when the website was upgraded (many times) Pictures really wouldn't help you in determining motor mount locations anyway. The best way to do that is to actually set the motor and transmission in the truck, align, & level everything, then mark where the mount holes need to be. You could copy where someone else drilled (or in my case cut slots) the mount holes in the crossmember, only to find out when you dropped the engine in, that the mounts are in the wrong location for your truck.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
I wasn't asking for specific pics..........Just pics in general. Post finished pics of the pay off etc...

I was just stating that's where I am at with my swap, not looking for more help with that part of it. I figured that out today woot, this really helped....................

I used the James Duff, but I understand there is a year that the convertable Mustang motor mounts will work. You have to swap from side to side, but I think a few folks have used them. Don't remember the year though.
After reading through PAGES of info regarding swaps, this is the first time I have read about swapping the mounts left to right.

I thought I had the Duff Mounts, but after looking at pics and reading it appears the duff mounts are just simply Mustang sedan mounts (1990 for example). I have them bolted to the block and just kept scratching my head as the Left side of the crossmember and mount just didn't seem to work well. The stud on the mount was just not in a workable position on the crossmember. but hell swap them left to right and everything seems much better locations.

:icon_thumby:

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
All you had to do was ask. The Vert mounts (85-93) have the two halves interlocked. That's the only difference from the std mounts. And asking would have saved you from spending more $$$$ on the Duff mounts. The vert mounts run about $40-50 at your local parts house. That's partly the reason we all advise against buying a swap kit. The individual parts can be bought locally and/or cheaper thru Summit, Jegs, etc. I think the Duff radiator was about the only worthwhile part of the kit they sell.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
I didn't buy the duff mounts, I aquired them....and have yet to pay for them. I work for a shop and get all my auto parts at cost, so trust me I am always on the lookout for a stock application part that will do the job. these "Duff Mounts" cost me about $16 at NAPA.

Just simply asking generally receives about 10 reply's of being told I need to just search. Read the sticky's, read the Tech Library, blah blah blah. So I searched and found that post after about two hours of reading through so many different threads.

And to clarify again, I am not asking for help in this thread, but simply just a visually of v8's in rbv's.

Last edited:

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What kinda pics do you need ........left,right ,top,bottom?

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
What kinda pics do you need ........left,right ,top,bottom?
All of them:dunno:

In most the sub-forums there show-off threads.......That's all I was looking for, just a general show off your v8 in your rbv.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have to agree with CheapThrillB2, the search function is far from perfect, I personally can never find anything unless it's a specific thread that I am looking for and I know the EXACT words that were said in it.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
this whole thread is

I simply wanted to see generic pics of v8's in RBV's much like how in the fabrication forum thre is a thread to "show off your bumpers" or in the explorer/b2 forum there is a "post a pic of your truck". Or like the entire "show off your truck" forum.

I have to agree with CheapThrillB2, the search function is far from perfect, I personally can never find anything unless it's a specific thread that I am looking for and I know the EXACT words that were said in it.
The search function works great when your looking for generic information on a topic. Or if you have hours to spend on a computer or god forbid you have a slow internet connection. I always spend a good bit of time researching questions I have before I post. But sometimes you just can't find good info or a specific answer to a question without asking. But have the time you ask and you get smart ass replies that don't help.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I am bad about taking pics, but this is what I have while I was doing it:

Here's some test fits with the idea of using stock mounts and adapter plates and Hedman 89500 Headers (changed streams and used AA Plates that came w/ the set of headers I bought):

Pete

Last edited:

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
nice work Pete!Looks awesome!

Cheapthrill
I have always been impressed by your builds but your contradicting yourself..............you say people answer with smart ass comments and in a couple of posts you do the same yourself with the fail pic.
I put the 302 in my truck with info from the people and tech on this site.there is a hell of a lot more information now than 5 years ago when I started mine.

Last edited:

okietheranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO
Transmission
Manual
sorry if there big.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

hope is does any good.. suppriseingly i dont have any pics of it complete:icon_confused:

wade

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Subscribing to Threads

BTW - When you find a thread that gives you the info that you have searched far and wide for - save it, in your subscriptions. So you don't have to try to figure out where (or how) you found it, again. Simply subscribe to the thread. See "Thread Tools" at the top of the thread.
It can also be accessed through your "User CP". Look down the List displayed on the left. You can create and edit folders for saving different types of threads.
i.e. - Create a folder for Electrical/Electronic threads -
Mounts - Headers - Oil Filter Relocation - etc. etc. etc.
Then, when you read a new thread that contains info you need - save it to the appropriate Folder.
Also, makes it easier to refer back to them, when you see someone else asking the same questions you once asked.
I do agree, that a picture, properly sized, properly focused, with good lighting, is worth a thousand words.

Last edited:

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Just simply asking generally receives about 10 reply's of being told I need to just search.
That's not true. The one's who get told to search and research and read are the one's who obviously have not done so. They get on here and ask 15 questions in their first post. And As I've replied to many, if they're not willing to do the research, they're also not willing to complete what they start. You started off here with a tone of berating us for not posting pics for you to look at. maybe you should have taken a different tact in that. As I said before, this site's been here awhile and been thru many changes and a lot of info got lost in the shuffle.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
That's not true. The one's who get told to search and research and read are the one's who obviously have not done so. They get on here and ask 15 questions in their first post. And As I've replied to many, if they're not willing to do the research, they're also not willing to complete what they start. You started off here with a tone of berating us for not posting pics for you to look at. maybe you should have taken a different tact in that. As I said before, this site's been here awhile and been thru many changes and a lot of info got lost in the shuffle.
I couldn't agree more

I've been here through almost all of them :icon_thumby:.

My initial post was received as if I was asking for help. I wasn't. Trying to point that out I guess my posts were taken wrong :dunno:.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals