• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Onto the next stage

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys, Im in the process of wiring my swap now<91 f150 harness> And was curious what everyone is doing with the large round connector that goes though the firwall to the cab, I have the harwood manual and what not but I have not been able to find much on useing the facory harness and not the one you buy from ford.

Even the pinout diagram and location would hlp alot. Thanks guys.

Teddyzee

December 2011 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
Buy an EVTM for your f150, and find the connections that correspond to the Mustang ones Harwood explains. Then use the engine side of the Ranger connectors, and splice the F150 harness into those.

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok well I have my harness weeded out and its looking alot smaller and nicer to work with, I have all the diagrams you could ever want or need but no pinout for the round connector through the firewall, im just gunna cut it off and trace wires.

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well looking at wiring diagrams and everything more and more and am getting really close to saying screw it and buying a harness from ford fuel injection.com, seems like I have saved alot of money throughout my build and may just break down and spend it there. not sure yet but it looks better and better the more I think about it.

Teddyzee

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO, GT40 heads, GT40 intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster muffl
Transmission
Manual
If you're trying to figure out the F150harness, remove the ECU.

Get a mutimeter, set it to find continuity...
Stick one end in the ECU end of the harness, lets say pin 1. Then simply look for the the other end of that circuit with the other end of the mutimeter. It could be in the plugs/connectors you've mentioned, or in the TFI, you'll figure it out.

If you need to make 18 connections, find those circuits only. Remember, not all of them come directly from the ECU. (such as my TFI example)

Don't give up, it's quite simple.

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I know its not that difficult its just the fact im using the harness I have and its a body harness and engine harness, Its quite confusing when looking at it and diagrams and the fact ford uses the same colour wires for 12 different functions in it. The daytime running light module(canada) is tied in with other important circuit aswell so that was another challenge, I am actually very good with wiring and am quite confident in myself but my build is nearing the end and I guess im just getting a little "horny" about it again now. I am really trying to stop myself and just take it slow and easy and do it all perfect and nice looking much like yours teddy.

Teddyzee

V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, hang in there!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals