• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ok guys, lets see your project lists....

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
'90 Ranger: fix whatever nuts hold the tailgate latches on, they're floppy. Fix the new auto lock feature of the drivers door, fix the screws for the front part of the center console, which completes the easy stuff. For the harder stuff finally make the extended radius arms I've had the parts for for like a decade... Oh, and put in the blue seats I grabbed last year...

'97 Ranger: add the rear side vent windows I picked up last year and the rear slider window along with the explorer overhead console.

'00 V8 Explorer: Merely completely remove the front suspension, replace it with a combo TTB D44 and D50 that I need to regear, pull the 8.8 and replace it with a 10.25" that I need to regear as well. Also need to pull the engine so I can add some material on the passenger side motor mount pad so it will hold the motor mount plate, and pull the timing cover so I can pull the bolt that broke off when I replaced the water pump a couple years ago...

'94 Geo Tracker: I'm pretty sure it's down to the fuel injectors not working but I haven't looked at it in a couple years.

Shop: call in an electrician and have them run the wire from the power pole to the shop so I can finally use it

Everything else: yeah, not sure, that's a whole other list that I don't keep track of, I just tackle things as they come up importance wise...

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
I have been to the junkyard many times last summer. My reg cab Edge is slowly becoming brand new, but even as it does, my wish list grows.
1. New rear axel with limited slip differential and disk brakes.
2. A shorter set of lift blocks.
3. An electric fan
My longer list spills over into my friend's. We will go hunting tomorrow for still more parts.
At least those are all upgrades, not repairs lol

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
If were gonna talk non mechanical lists, I got whole list for just the house.
-Make the pool blue and fix the pump issue
-finish cutting up fallen trees
-brush clearance of 3 acres.
-fix running toilet valve (have new one)
-set posts for new 6'x21' gate. Then build gate.
-build lean to garage extension.
-figure out how to smooth about 10,000 sq ft of rough asphalt (patch or new paving/concrete)
-new faucets and showerheads, and master bath needs new fart fan. New vanities would be nice too.
-interior and exterior due for paint.
-Dumpster worth of junk and trash to gather/toss
-new tile bathroom floors
-kitchen needs new backsplash and faucet.
-rental property needs closet doors and 5 new windows.
-The fire trail going up the back hillside could use a cleanup with skid steer.
-Probably about a dumpsters worth of tree trimming and raking leaves (before the actual brush clearance)
-about 15,000 sq ft of area really could use some landscaping and irrigation.
-need to order a propane fill, which is PITA, because they give a one week window and always show up while I'm at work. Then I gotta sweet talk em into crossing the bridge. speaking of..
-I will probably need a new a new driveway bridge 22' long by at least 12' wide that can support trucks crossing it.

Anyone here happen to be or know a bridge builder?

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
Add this to my list of to do's... I love garage art.

plate art.jpg

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If were gonna talk non mechanical lists, I got whole list for just the house.
-Make the pool blue and fix the pump issue
-finish cutting up fallen trees
-brush clearance of 3 acres.
-fix running toilet valve (have new one)
-set posts for new 6'x21' gate. Then build gate.
-build lean to garage extension.
-figure out how to smooth about 10,000 sq ft of rough asphalt (patch or new paving/concrete)
-new faucets and showerheads, and master bath needs new fart fan. New vanities would be nice too.
-interior and exterior due for paint.
-Dumpster worth of junk and trash to gather/toss
-new tile bathroom floors
-kitchen needs new backsplash and faucet.
-rental property needs closet doors and 5 new windows.
-The fire trail going up the back hillside could use a cleanup with skid steer.
-Probably about a dumpsters worth of tree trimming and raking leaves (before the actual brush clearance)
-about 15,000 sq ft of area really could use some landscaping and irrigation.
-need to order a propane fill, which is PITA, because they give a one week window and always show up while I'm at work. Then I gotta sweet talk em into crossing the bridge. speaking of..
-I will probably need a new a new driveway bridge 22' long by at least 12' wide that can support trucks crossing it.

Anyone here happen to be or know a bridge builder?
Triangulate!

mikkelstuff

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
For my '02 Ranger 4WD XLT:

Install the air horns - been sitting on the shelf for a couple of years.
Fabricate a set of stainless steel bed rails
Add power mirrors
Add power door locks
Add a backup camera
Add gas hood struts
Add an under hood fuel pressure gauge
Oh and then I've got a right front fender rust spot growing immediately behind the wheel in an otherwise rust free truck. It looks to me like someone bondo'd up a hole there once before. I'd love to have that fender replaced.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Well, first order of business is recovering from my concussions. Then it’s game on. Presently I’m over 6 months of pushing things back. But, there’s no rushing it.

Green Ranger takes priority, need to get it put back together and finish all the side quests along the way (fill the front axle with oil after bolting it in, service the rear axle and get it installed with new suspension and sway bars and brakes and all, complete the motor and install, etc). I need this truck completed and back up as soon as possible, even if I pick up an interim beater.

Also need to fix the power steering on mom’s Explorer.

Dump truck has to come next. I needed it 5 years ago and there was always a more pressing priority. That has to stop. The 460 in it needs the valve guides replaced and the truck needs gone through. Brakes, patch the fenders and bed, rear gas tank straps, core support, etc.

F-150 needs… rebuilt. Cab is shot, frame has some damage, etc. totally repairable, in my opinion. Not sure if I want to fix and keep it or patch and sell it. Won’t absolutely need it once the Ranger and dump are back up and going, but it holds a place in my heart. I’ll deal with all of that after the dump at some point.

88 Bronco II needs put back together and the one extended arm welded up. Have most of the bits to put it back together, but it was ripped apart for a resto-mod and got to where it was starting to come back together and then it sat.

Choptop needs a front axle (rather new axle shafts and a 4.10 D-35 center), an engine (4.0 OHV), roll cage finished, and a bunch of odds and ends.

Boat needs some wiring, some floor patching, and freshen the top end.

Blue Ranger needs frame straightening and a front clip and I dunno what else. It can sit a bit yet, I’m not done punishing myself for it’s condition.

Red 92 Ranger I need to strip back some of the damage and determine exactly how bad it is. Insurance said totaled and I was figuring on just stripping it for parts but it still starts and moves on it’s own, so perhaps it’s not as bad as initially thought. Have to peel off some of the broken stuff to find what’s what though, then it will get fixed or stripped.

Have to finish stripping my parts Explorer and at some point see what I can do about fixing my Explorer.

Bunch of small equipment projects. Tune up and service on both my chainsaws. See if it’s worth fixing a third saw I was given. Little generator needs fixed. Both lawn tractors need work. My project tractor needs a wiring harness rebuild, mower deck rebuild, and drive system repaired. Hedge trimmer needs fixed.

Think that about covers my wrenching projects. Usually end up helping dad with his wrenching projects, which includes my parents vehicles and his equipment. He wants his 79 F-150 gone through this year (soft rebuild: brakes all around and lines, new radiator, new fuel lines, new fuel pump, rebuild carb, etc). Rebuild his 5.0 powered Ranger (we have a donor truck). I want to throw a bed on another Ranger he had originally got for parts and then changed plans and fix a couple little things on it then that can go down the road. Dad has a bunch of small equipment projects and we need to fix his skid steer, got a couple bad hydraulic hoses.

Of course there’s all the household projects and projects at my property and all. And all the stuff I tinker with.

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Garage cleanup in progress. I can walk in the garage now, but I still need to get rid of some stuff. After the garage I will work on getting rid of more stuff I've had sitting around and haven't used for a decade or more.

Replace brake pads.

I may have to change the thermostat too. I think it has been taking longer than usual for the engine to reach operating temperature.

LearningStick

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
I moved stuff out of a closet and put a bike in the closet, to move it away from a window where I may later put furniture my cat can sit on at the window. In open window weather, all windows should have cat seats. I may eventually build a very basic cat tower, if I don't find anything at a thrift store. Cat window seats exist, but with suction cups on the glass. That won't work at an open window. I don't want to drill in the drywall.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Well, first order of business is recovering from my concussions. Then it’s game on. Presently I’m over 6 months of pushing things back. But, there’s no rushing it.

Green Ranger takes priority, need to get it put back together and finish all the side quests along the way (fill the front axle with oil after bolting it in, service the rear axle and get it installed with new suspension and sway bars and brakes and all, complete the motor and install, etc). I need this truck completed and back up as soon as possible, even if I pick up an interim beater.

Also need to fix the power steering on mom’s Explorer.

Dump truck has to come next. I needed it 5 years ago and there was always a more pressing priority. That has to stop. The 460 in it needs the valve guides replaced and the truck needs gone through. Brakes, patch the fenders and bed, rear gas tank straps, core support, etc.

F-150 needs… rebuilt. Cab is shot, frame has some damage, etc. totally repairable, in my opinion. Not sure if I want to fix and keep it or patch and sell it. Won’t absolutely need it once the Ranger and dump are back up and going, but it holds a place in my heart. I’ll deal with all of that after the dump at some point.

88 Bronco II needs put back together and the one extended arm welded up. Have most of the bits to put it back together, but it was ripped apart for a resto-mod and got to where it was starting to come back together and then it sat.

Choptop needs a front axle (rather new axle shafts and a 4.10 D-35 center), an engine (4.0 OHV), roll cage finished, and a bunch of odds and ends.

Boat needs some wiring, some floor patching, and freshen the top end.

Blue Ranger needs frame straightening and a front clip and I dunno what else. It can sit a bit yet, I’m not done punishing myself for it’s condition.

Red 92 Ranger I need to strip back some of the damage and determine exactly how bad it is. Insurance said totaled and I was figuring on just stripping it for parts but it still starts and moves on it’s own, so perhaps it’s not as bad as initially thought. Have to peel off some of the broken stuff to find what’s what though, then it will get fixed or stripped.

Have to finish stripping my parts Explorer and at some point see what I can do about fixing my Explorer.

Bunch of small equipment projects. Tune up and service on both my chainsaws. See if it’s worth fixing a third saw I was given. Little generator needs fixed. Both lawn tractors need work. My project tractor needs a wiring harness rebuild, mower deck rebuild, and drive system repaired. Hedge trimmer needs fixed.

Think that about covers my wrenching projects. Usually end up helping dad with his wrenching projects, which includes my parents vehicles and his equipment. He wants his 79 F-150 gone through this year (soft rebuild: brakes all around and lines, new radiator, new fuel lines, new fuel pump, rebuild carb, etc). Rebuild his 5.0 powered Ranger (we have a donor truck). I want to throw a bed on another Ranger he had originally got for parts and then changed plans and fix a couple little things on it then that can go down the road. Dad has a bunch of small equipment projects and we need to fix his skid steer, got a couple bad hydraulic hoses.

Of course there’s all the household projects and projects at my property and all. And all the stuff I tinker with.
Now that's a project list!

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Now that's a project list!
I should note that I was on track to have the green Ranger done, moms Explorer done, the radius arm tacked on the 88, some stuff moved and be working on the dump truck plus not having damage to the 92 Ranger by the end of last year, which would have made the list a little more manageable. But, things happened out of my control and here we are.

09fx4guy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre Key w/ #1 Bars
Tire Size
265/70R16
The first thing on my list of projects is to make an entire list of my projects, what is required for each project. Then see what my budget allows.

Vehicular only-
Ranger core support, front end work (ball joints, tie rods, etc. )
Grand Marquis- front end work (ball joints, tie rods, etc.)
XJ- Springs, brakes, front wheel bearings, trans fluid drain and fill, driver seat repair, and probably a dozen other small projects
KL- Oil change, hopefully nothing else.

Don't get me started on my power equipment addiction of picking up free stuff at the curb. That I have to cut back on.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
My immediate list that I will get done this year:
- finish painting the stepside truck
- put gutters on my shop
- redo the sidewalk in front of my house and the steps on the porch
- go through the parts pile behind the shop, in the shed, in the shop attic and get rid of a bunch of it. Guessing I will have 1-2 pickup loads of scrap steel
- get the garden ready

I don't really keep track of little projects that will take a few minutes to a day...I just try to knock those out as they come in.

Bigger long term stuff:
- blast and paint spare F150 frame, disassemble that truck and reassemble on fresh frame
- redo spare F150 box with new box sides that I have stashed away
- gut living room/hallway in house, new windows, rewire, new light fixtures/sheetrock/flooring
- solid axle swap my 2 door Explorer

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals