• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New headlights...they shoulda come this way!

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
After a bit of work and some bezels from a BroncoII.org member... Im in the exclusive round headlight club :icon_thumby:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Easily my favorite mod for a BII.

LameDuck

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Nice.

Where do you guys get the parts to convert. And where can I find a gill like that. I have looked all over the scrap yards here and they all have the square light openings.

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I like that mod as well...and would also like details about doing it. Also, what are the benifits of this mod? Besides a nice look, I mean?

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i think the look is about it. they cant be any brighter than the factory b2 lights

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nice.

Where do you guys get the parts to convert. And where can I find a gill like that. I have looked all over the scrap yards here and they all have the square light openings.
Custom made.

I think I heard rumblings back when Copycat was first doing this he used grille parts out of an old Ford van spliced into his grille??

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Yup...custom grill. :icon_thumby: In my area, its pretty rare to see a non-stock Bronco II. So besides the other mods, this was just another way to set it apart from the rest.

I cut up a stock grill and glued in handmade fiberglass bezels made by Copykat! :icon_thumby:

The buckets are out of an old Dodge D100. Any old Ford lights could be used also, but these were easier to mount.

As for the lights, they are no brighter than stock and are horrible for night driving. Especially if you are used to lights on new cars. I will be upgrading to Hella or Roundeyes lights shortly. I am thinking of the Roundeyes 55w/100w headlights.

Before this, I ran clear lens ebay lights and they turned yellow over a few years. It was not safe to drive at night unless I turned on the other lights. The 8" Hellas are WAY too bright for road use.

Last edited:

azbronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
lookin good be meanig to ask you how you like the mtrs? I am buying tires soon and was looking at Irocs but thinking I need something radial

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i like the old school look, but i'm not an overall fan of the look.... idk, it just dont flow right IMO. call me weird if you wanna.. but i like my rectangle headlights

and yes, i just showed you a pic of LMC regular headlights for a b2 lol

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
AZ, I love the MTR's. I have run the BFG AT and Mud previously and the MTR's are hands down better in every category. My only complaint with them would be is that they dont make them any bigger than a 35 in a 15" wheel. For 37's and up, you gotta switch to 17's. But then again, BFG has done the same thing. Also, you can get the IROK in a radial.

4.0, To each, his own. I personally like the look and the way it seperates it from the crowd. However, life would be boring if we all liked the same things! :icon_thumby: FWIW, I ran similar lights to yours before converting over. They turned yellow after a couple of years and it wasnt even safe to drive at night. The sun and heat out here are really hard on plastics and such.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals