• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Needing a TV provider, tired of just PBS

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
What kind of pre=amp did you get?
I got the antenna today and assembled it, then took it up in the attic where my coax currently goes to.
The antenna up there was on a pole maybe 12 ft off the main floor. It used to get 3 channels, 12 is 60mi. WbySW, 10 is 40 or 50 mi west by NW, and PBS is in local town say 8 mi.. I have got nothing but the local PBS for the last couple years, and the local network stations have apparently quit broadcasting local, even though they were initially bound to local broadcasts but now they don't even care
The new antenna seems to be doing as the other one has, and all I'm getting is the local 8 mile PBS
I'll still put it up on a mast to be just above the house, about 20 ft, and see if anything changes there.
I expect the TV to automatically scan for channels when clicking through the current ones?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
No on the TV
Need to tell it to "look" for local carriers again, so "scan for channels"

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I forgot the best part, thinking it would look without being told
That gave me 2 more, probly one that had the game yesterday ;)

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Got a ways to go to get this thing secured, still need to hit a hardware store for wire and cable clamps, very tiny ones.
I found some wire/small cable that came from large 4 foot round pools. I was working on a new Watson's Pool and Spa and they were moving in and tossing things they wouldn't be using at their new place. I grabbed several of these wires but never used them much that I recall. They are stiff as hell tho and not really meant to be limber enough to tie knots in, it's plenty long tho and I believe rather stout

Attachments

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Here's the brand pre-amp I have. This one is the newest version. It's not cheap, but works well. It's mainly to overcome the loss in the cable from the antenna to your tv. It may bring in a few more channels for you.

MaD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My Samsung has free TV and I usually just watch Gordon Ramsey shows or old uk too gear. I have T-Mobile and they supply free Netflix which I watch sometimes.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals