• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My idea of a Shelby Ranger if there would have been one.

fordguy64

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
looks good i like it so far!!

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This little 2.3 started smoking so bad James Bond would buy it for a smoke screen... I have never seen any engine smoke so bad. Amazingly it ran really good it just poured smoke...

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Leaks a plenty!!

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
Good thread man! Don't let up and to hell with 56k. Post a ton! :icon_thumby:

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I looked in the Tech Library but didn't see anything on it so I am going to ask it here,

I would like to put an exhaust system on it that will give it a deeper tone but not sound like a bumblebee on coke or be loud... I know it won't sound like a V8 nor am I wanting it to.. just a little tone.. also anyone know of a cold air intake for a OHV 4.0? From what i can tell K&N is a no go.. I did see parts at O'Reiley's to custom build one????

Flash Gordan

Savior of the Universe!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I looked in the Tech Library but didn't see anything on it so I am going to ask it here,

I would like to put an exhaust system on it that will give it a deeper tone but not sound like a bumblebee on coke or be loud... I know it won't sound like a V8 nor am I wanting it to.. just a little tone.. also anyone know of a cold air intake for a OHV 4.0? From what i can tell K&N is a no go.. I did see parts at O'Reiley's to custom build one????
I run a Cherry Bomb Turbo muffler. Buddy ran the same setup. Make sure it has a full tail pipe. Don't get into the hype of the Flowcrapper. It sounds like chit on a 4.0L. (Bring on the hate mail).

As for cold air setup. You'll have to make your own. Some 2.5" (3" if you want to be a cool kid), mandrel exhaust pipe and some silicone couplers will make it nice and clean.

BTW next time you take pictures, of the intake, put a shirt on!!!!!!

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That intake is looking pretty sweet:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:
Did you do any polishing in the inside to make the air flow smoother?

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
That intake is looking pretty sweet:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:
Did you do any polishing in the inside to make the air flow smoother?
Don't need to. It's been proven that port matching and polishing the intake side of the OHV makes no difference.

I ported the exhaust side on my heads and headers before i put the 95TM heads on, that made a difference.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I run a Cherry Bomb Turbo muffler. Buddy ran the same setup. Make sure it has a full tail pipe. Don't get into the hype of the Flowcrapper. It sounds like chit on a 4.0L. (Bring on the hate mail).

As for cold air setup. You'll have to make your own. Some 2.5" (3" if you want to be a cool kid), mandrel exhaust pipe and some silicone couplers will make it nice and clean.

BTW next time you take pictures, of the intake, put a shirt on!!!!!!
I'll have to remember the shirt next time Cat..Slaving over a hot Ranger and all... The girl friend loved it though! You aren't talking the straight red cherry bombs from the 70s and 80s are ya? Thanks for the info on the cold air.. Next question is it worth it?

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Damn that is just too nice to be putting under the hood of a truck. Looking really good. :icon_thumby:
I thought the same thing.. I am thinking a 12 inch spacer, a hole in the hood then add a B&M sticker on the side... :headbang:

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Don't need to. It's been proven that port matching and polishing the intake side of the OHV makes no difference.

I ported the exhaust side on my heads and headers before i put the 95TM heads on, that made a difference.
After all it took to make the outside look the way it does :thefinger: the inside! Besides I don't need much more power or speed.. one more ticket and no more driving for me.. Had a 04 mustang GT.. 95 MPH in a 35... Cop wasn't amused by the decal on the rear quarter window that said Ticket window --->
Arrow pointing at drivers window... Neither was the judge... No one has a sense of humor anymore.. Damn

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'll have to remember the shirt next time Cat..Slaving over a hot Ranger and all... The girl friend loved it though! You aren't talking the straight red cherry bombs from the 70s and 80s are ya? Thanks for the info on the cold air.. Next question is it worth it?
Nope not the glass pack. This is called a turbo muffler. It's an oval muffler.
http://www.cherrybomb.com/products/turbo

Don't really know if the CAI is worth it. If properly shielded from the engine heat and actually ducted for cool air it might be. But it's up to you.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

I agree with you.. The flowmasters didn't do much on my Stang... No different than the stock sound..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals