• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My idea of a Shelby Ranger if there would have been one.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
As soon as the weather is warm I'm putting a Yukon 3.73 Posi in the rear. The 3.08 is ok for pulling my bass boat but I bought a 14' utility trailer that it struggles on hills pulling. I hope everyone is having a happy New Year!:beer:

Jeremys7874

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I was thinking earlier since the truck is near done how It's measured up to My idea of a Shelby Ranger. I looked back at all I had done. So to kinda break it down. I put a slick shiney paint job on it, Lowered it, urathane bushings, sun roof, decent sound system, shaved the tailgate handle, flatened the tailgate, wide wheels and tires, bigger throttle body, headers, muffler for better sound, ground effects, Hurst shifter, K&N air filter, Polished intake, Polished Alternator, Shelby and Cobra badges, hidden hitch to keep it a truck, bigger than Ranger stock sway bar, painted the engine, different steering wheel, all white guage faces, High Volume Melling oil pump.. Of course there were lots of other things I would like to have done but I can't manufacture parts or have a CNC machine in the basement to custom fab anything. And alot of parts aren't made anymore.. Like the Vortec Super Charger. Nor am I loaded with cash to have custom stuff done. So for what I had to play with I feel I did a pretty good job. In fact I think it came out better than expected...

There are things I am going to still do. Future plans are finish the interior to make it by far more Shelby, add more components to the sound system, Front brake upgrade to dual piston Cobra, maybe build a 4.0 or do a 5.0 swap, and maybe Gold Stripes to Hertz it up a bit... So If I worked for Mr Shelby and presented my Idea of a Shelby Ranger to him would I need to pack my tools and look for another job or would he have liked the idea?
Hey Multi..I’m new to TRS so still working on getting through your whole thread...massive! But seen both trucks(the Mach wheel truck is #2 right) on pintrest plenty and both are very photogenic! Lol..wheel choice and stance in my favorite shade of black are just right both times..IMHO...as far as what CS would think/say... I believe he would have commended you regardless bc the passion to put in the work to make more power and perform better overall..(handling, braking, etc) would’ve been more admirable than specific displacement...again just my opinion..I’ve had many rangers (83-94)and a couple explorers (92,94)..and the 4.0 ran great bone stock for sure..it’s major hurdle is the lack of aftermarket..especially with the 2.3 or 5.0 having such a vast selection of power goodies available..but like you said when folks like you and me with limited “project truck” budgets..we make the most out of what we can afford, borrow, trade,etc...and from what I’ve read so far that’s what you’ve done and the end results turned out better than the means in your case..CS is perfect inspiration..he was awesome...I get inspiration and ideas from a lot of places and hope my current project turns out remotely close to your’s!! I’m off to work on it now..get back to reading later!

Gregin30655

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger GT
Transmission
Manual
That is correct. It vents through the shift tower.
Hey man, I see you all the time. I drive by your house and see you in Loganville. Look for me, I have a dark blue 88 GT, but usually I'm in my slammed black F350 dually on 24"s.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey man, I see you all the time. I drive by your house and see you in Loganville. Look for me, I have a dark blue 88 GT, but usually I'm in my slammed black F350 dually on 24"s.
Hey brother. I'll keep a look out for ya. I haven't seen any GTs in a while. it's great meeting someone close by.

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey Multi..I’m new to TRS so still working on getting through your whole thread...massive! But seen both trucks(the Mach wheel truck is #2 right) on pintrest plenty and both are very photogenic! Lol..wheel choice and stance in my favorite shade of black are just right both times..IMHO...as far as what CS would think/say... I believe he would have commended you regardless bc the passion to put in the work to make more power and perform better overall..(handling, braking, etc) would’ve been more admirable than specific displacement...again just my opinion..I’ve had many rangers (83-94)and a couple explorers (92,94)..and the 4.0 ran great bone stock for sure..it’s major hurdle is the lack of aftermarket..especially with the 2.3 or 5.0 having such a vast selection of power goodies available..but like you said when folks like you and me with limited “project truck” budgets..we make the most out of what we can afford, borrow, trade,etc...and from what I’ve read so far that’s what you’ve done and the end results turned out better than the means in your case..CS is perfect inspiration..he was awesome...I get inspiration and ideas from a lot of places and hope my current project turns out remotely close to your’s!! I’m off to work on it now..get back to reading later!
Thanks man.. I appreciate the kind words.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals