• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 2023 2 door Big Bend 😎

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Skidplates and roof rack arrived today.

As it turns out I was.. how well say.. uncharacteristically mistaken about how many skidplates I bought 😆 how? Dunno. The tea I've been drinking in lieu of my usual sugarbomb coffee in the mornings lately isnt caffienated.. well blame it on that 😋 ended up being just the bash plate and under the motor. I'm still more than happy with my purchase.. and will order the "missing" bits as soon as finances allow.

20240319_184009.jpg

Hoping I can find the time this weekend to install everything 🤞

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Whelp.. last nasty snowstorm of the year decided to happen today.. so.. not gonna get to the skids or roof rack unfortunately but I DID enjoy my trip into town for coffee and donuts.. or.. bro-nuts.. HA.. bronuts.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Life briefly stopped beating me down over the weekend for long enough to install some goodies.. which just beat me down some more 😫😋 mostly just the rack..

20240428_145612.jpg

Damn near 100 bolts later... had the rack assembled and put on the roof 👍 I'm glad assembly is a one time thing with this.. as any more would absolutely cause carpel tunnel.

20240428_145532.jpg
20240428_145542.jpg

10 bolts was enough to get my plates installed.. opted to just re-use the factory hardware for these despite being provided new fancy gold bolts.

20240428_145629.jpg

..And finally the ditch lights.

The wires for the lights are currently just ran over the top of the mirror arm and squeeked through the gap between the hood and the aforementioned mirror piece. If I had more time (and the fiance wasn't going on about how she was about to die of hunger) I would've ran the wires backwards and in between the windshield & the cowl/wiper trim for a cleaner look... but this will more than work for now. I'll run the harness and give the lights a test this weekend hopefully.

No noticeable increase in cabin noise from the rack so far.. but I've only had it up to 55mph or so. I'm sure it'll be noticeable on the freeway.

The ditchlights start to whistle around 35-40mph.. but only ever so slightly. With the windows shut I can't hear it.

The plates are awesome, with one little criticism..

20240428_145542.jpg

The bit circled in blue is for clearance around the diff. It's welded extremely nicely on the bottom side as you can see... but the top side is completely unwelded. Nice spot for dirt and whatever else to accumulate and slowly start on its own deconstruction. I simply gooped some high temp RTV over where it should be welded.. and am currently hoping for the best lol.

....does rtv even stick to something zinc coated? 😋 whenever they get beat up enough to the point I want to have them refinished I'll break out the welder and do it myself... it can ride until then.

The gaps around the tow hooks and stuff from the removal of the factory plastic 'bash plate' look a little hokey as well.. plastic bumper problems. If my rig came with the capable bumper it would look much more correct.. I'll put an upgrade to the capable bumper on the list of potential things to do.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
Life briefly stopped beating me down over the weekend for long enough to install some goodies.. which just beat me down some more 😫😋 mostly just the rack..

View attachment 110259

Damn near 100 bolts later... had the rack assembled and put on the roof 👍 I'm glad assembly is a one time thing with this.. as any more would absolutely cause carpel tunnel.

View attachment 110260View attachment 110261

10 bolts was enough to get my plates installed.. opted to just re-use the factory hardware for these despite being provided new fancy gold bolts.

View attachment 110262

The wires for the lights are currently just ran over the top of the mirror arm and squeeked through the gap between the hood and the aforementioned mirror piece. If I had more time (and the fiance wasn't going on about how she was about to die of hunger) I would've ran the wires backwards and in between the windshield & the cowl/wiper trim for a cleaner look... but this will more than work for now. I'll run the harness and give the lights a test this weekend hopefully.

No noticeable increase in cabin noise from the rack so far.. but I've only had it up to 55mph or so. I'm sure it'll be noticeable on the freeway.

The ditchlights start to whistle around 35-40mph.. but only ever so slightly. With the windows shut I can't hear it.

The plates are awesome, with one little criticism..

View attachment 110263

The bit circled in blue is for clearance around the diff. It's welded extremely nicely on the bottom side as you can see... but the top side is completely unwelded. Nice spot for dirt and whatever else to accumulate and slowly start on its own deconstruction. I simply gooped some high temp RTV over where it should be welded.. and am currently hoping for the best lol.

....does rtv even stick to something zinc coated? 😋 whenever they get beat up enough to the point I want to have them refinished I'll break out the welder and do it myself... it can ride until then.

The gaps around the tow hooks and stuff from the removal of the factory plastic 'bash plate' look a little hokey as well.. plastic bumper problems. If my rig came with the capable bumper it would look much more correct.. I'll put an upgrade to the capable bumper on the list of potential things to do.
looking good, big guy

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

View attachment 110262

It was really nice how they made the cowl panels to take wiring so clean.

Weird about your ditch light whistle, I never noticed ours doing that. However they freak out both the AM/FM stereo and GMRS when a guy turns them on.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
However they freak out both the AM/FM stereo and GMRS when a guy turns them on.
Funny. I’ve never had a CB that wanted anything to do with the windshield washer spray.
The wiper blades are always fine on their own. The pump for the spray, absolutely not.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo

Weird about your ditch light whistle, I never noticed ours doing that. However they freak out both the AM/FM stereo and GMRS when a guy turns them on.
[/QUstudy.
How you did it was the plan of attack.. just ran out of time. I'll re-route them at some point. Tonight or tomorrow I'll run the harness real quick and see If they mess with the radio. Do you have any interference with the radio set on Bluetooth? All I run is pandora for the most part.. the stuff they play on the radio makes my ears bleed -__-

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo

How you did it was the plan of attack.. just ran out of time. I'll re-route them at some point. Tonight or tomorrow I'll run the harness real quick and see If they mess with the radio. Do you have any interference with the radio set on Bluetooth? All I run is pandora for the most part.. the stuff they play on the radio makes my ears bleed -__-

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No, just the two radios. Probably because both antennas are right beside the ditch lights.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
TRS 25th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
My lightbar and ditch lights have a "built-in EMC for EMI/RFI protection, resolve the issue of radio interference and flickering."

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I'm curious how that works if it's just a capacitor or something, the Ni Lights I mounted to my tractor mess with my 3M Work Tunes ear goggles...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals