• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

messed up wiring

joeranger

Reaction score
Installed Cruise Control in my 2011 Ranger. Followed the instructions and everything was working well. week later the cruise does not work.
Found the power wire I tapped no longer has juice. Green wire with red stripe under the dash. Checked all the fuses (distribution box and kick panel) and tried all the assoceries-everything works properly. I know it was +12 volt run and start only. Going to tap directly into the fuse box for cruise power, but concerned about the green wire with red strip. From reading on the net Ford used this coded wire for the Alt light on the dash and it excites the alt. If so I may be in trouble. Would expect a fuse link to be burned out somewhere.

wire located on the left side of the dash above the parking brake pedal out of a box with 20 or so wires

Any suggestions?

rtg143

U.S. Military - Veteran
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4l
Transmission
Automatic
The only green/red wires shown in the wiring diagrams go from fuse 28 for 4x4 module and fuse 12 satellite receiver.

joeranger

Reaction score
thanks, fortunately 4 wheel drive works - in the midwest snow storm
Subscriber to Sirrus and it works still.
Just at a loss on what in not working properly and not sure how to trace it out

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals