Made a kayak crate

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Here's my little kayak crate I made and have been adding to it. There's not much about boating especially kayaking on TRS so maybe this will get the juices flowing in some people. I got some ideas from other kayak crates people have made on youtube and I added some stuff of my own that I liked. Any ideas or things I should change? BTW this will sit behind me so I tried keeping important things like the net at a "easy to grab bc theres a big bass on the line" kind of thing. I still need to add my pliers and fillet knife but this is just the start. Here's what I want to add:
-long reach pliers or fishing pliers
-fillet knife
-cutting board
-tape measure

Got any ideas? Or is anyone a kayak fisherman themselves? I'm a beginner kayaker but long time fisherman so if anyone has some expertise to school me on i'm all ears. FWIW I have a Pelican Quest 100X sit-in kayak. Scored it at Dunham's for $199 so i'm pretty happy.

Attachments

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 32B05A80BF19AF Expires: July 1st, 2020

Uncle Gump

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead, Follow or get out of my way
I moved this over to the hunting/fishing forum...

I added a crate to my Old Towne guide canoe... it just gets used to hold my waterproof tackle bag and a catch all.

0713111027a.jpg

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That's the perfect size canoe it you are by yourself. I have an old smokercraft 18' canoe that can hold 3 people but I wanted something easier to load and something I can paddle by myself. Dunhams had a good deal on angler's kayaks and I scooped up the last sit-on kayak they had. I'm shocked no one has made a crate like mine for their truck. I was hoping to get some juices flowing in people when they saw mine, I've seen a lot of videos about kayak crates and none of them have an ax mounted like mine or lights either.

Any kayakers here?