• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Made a kayak crate

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Here's my little kayak crate I made and have been adding to it. There's not much about boating especially kayaking on TRS so maybe this will get the juices flowing in some people. I got some ideas from other kayak crates people have made on youtube and I added some stuff of my own that I liked. Any ideas or things I should change? BTW this will sit behind me so I tried keeping important things like the net at a "easy to grab bc theres a big bass on the line" kind of thing. I still need to add my pliers and fillet knife but this is just the start. Here's what I want to add:
-long reach pliers or fishing pliers
-fillet knife
-cutting board
-tape measure

Got any ideas? Or is anyone a kayak fisherman themselves? I'm a beginner kayaker but long time fisherman so if anyone has some expertise to school me on i'm all ears. FWIW I have a Pelican Quest 100X sit-in kayak. Scored it at Dunham's for $199 so i'm pretty happy.

Attachments

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I moved this over to the hunting/fishing forum...

I added a crate to my Old Towne guide canoe... it just gets used to hold my waterproof tackle bag and a catch all.

0713111027a.jpg

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
That's the perfect size canoe it you are by yourself. I have an old smokercraft 18' canoe that can hold 3 people but I wanted something easier to load and something I can paddle by myself. Dunhams had a good deal on angler's kayaks and I scooped up the last sit-on kayak they had. I'm shocked no one has made a crate like mine for their truck. I was hoping to get some juices flowing in people when they saw mine, I've seen a lot of videos about kayak crates and none of them have an ax mounted like mine or lights either.

Any kayakers here?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals