• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Long time lurker

Gems360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Long-Bed
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Between all of us, we should be able to figure it out..
Hello everyone!

My name is Gems360, and I absolutely love Ford Rangers. My first truck was a 1994 2wd Super cab Ranger. The PO had installed a 3inch lift kit and 31s on Hot Wheels rims. I loved it. When the engine died, I replaced it. When the infamous a4ld bled to death in a waffle House parking lot, I converted to a manual.

My first thread on this site was 5 years ago. I had unfortunately experienced a fire in my engine bay. This was due to a faulty fuel pressure regulator, which squirted gasoline on the spark plug wires enough to melt the insulation, and the rest is history. Since then, I have been constantly improving my knowledge and experience with Rangers. I have now owned 4 different variations of Rangers, and I am convinced that it is the perfect truck for my needs. As you can see in my old classified ad, I toyed with the idea of a Ranger truggy for a while, before deciding on the opposite direction.

I now live in the back of my long bed 1988 Ford Ranger. I am also in the beginning/middle of a turbodiesel conversion, utilizing a Mercedes OM617, a Mercedes4x4 adapter plate, an M5R2 transmission, and an NP205. I intend to do build threads on this conversion, my truck camper, and my many other ranger oriented projects.

I am thankful to have access to this wealth of knowledge and this community of fellow enthusiasts. I look forward to learning from others, and possibly sharing what I've learned as well.

Gems360~

Gems360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Long-Bed
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Here are some photos of a couple of past rangers. The Cayman Metallic (official color name) one was my first truck. Couple of the pics are from when I first got it, couple are after two years of owning it. By the time it was retired, it had a '96 expo L/S w/4.10s and a manual t-case.... Even though it was still a 2wd! Ha. I later bought a swb 4x4 Ranger ('94) and had some fun with that on the farm I lived on, for a while. The black truck pictured was bought with a 4.0 already installed. All mods had been done by the PO, including the snorkel. I took the body from this truck and attempted to put it on the SWB frame. Ended up selling that project, but was not discouraged in my love for rangers. I now have an '88 long bed 4x4 which I love!

Anyway, I think this is a fair enough introduction thread. Will be posting build threads in the future, with more pics of the other trucks I had!

Attachments

SpeedLimit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Hi, nice to meet you. Amazing cars:eek:

Gems360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Long-Bed
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Hey, good to meet you as well! Thanks, I appreciate it!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals