• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Kelly Safari TSR?

CanuckRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Im looking at buying some Kelly Safari TSR tires for my Ranger, and I am just wondering if anyone has them on their truck. How do they wear? Mileage? Noise? etc.

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had Safari tyres on for one year. Wore out after 10,000 miles but I got 'em cheap from dealer for 40 bucks (yup, all 4 tyres)-

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
You talking about retreads??

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
kelly safari's are sweet. friend of mine has em and the truck does good. they suck on ice and snow though.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Im looking at buying some Kelly Safari TSR tires for my Ranger, and I am just wondering if anyone has them on their truck. How do they wear? Mileage? Noise? etc.
Here...go to this website. You can call them and they can give you a dealer close by to you. The tires are not cheap. About as much as BFG KO A/T tires cost. They have some good reviews. If the poster above bought his for $40 for all 4 they were very worn out and way out of date (serial numbers and date made are on the back of every tire made). Good luck.

http://www.tirebuyer.com/tirebuyerwicket/home/tab/Buy Tires/subtab/Shop by Brands/brandsList_selectedItem/Kelly/selPanel/tireSizeByBrandList/brandStyleList_selectedItem/Safari TSR/kwcid/g_Kelly Safari TSR Tires/sortChanged/true/isListChanged/false/tireSortBy/Priced Low To High

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
kelly safari's are sweet. friend of mine has em and the truck does good. they suck on ice and snow though.
Most tires do suck on ice and snow, Bro.

CanuckRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Here...go to this website. You can call them and they can give you a dealer close by to you. The tires are not cheap. About as much as BFG KO A/T tires cost. They have some good reviews. If the poster above bought his for $40 for all 4 they were very worn out and way out of date (serial numbers and date made are on the back of every tire made). Good luck.

http://www.tirebuyer.com/tirebuyerwicket/home/tab/Buy Tires/subtab/Shop by Brands/brandsList_selectedItem/Kelly/selPanel/tireSizeByBrandList/brandStyleList_selectedItem/Safari TSR/kwcid/g_Kelly Safari TSR Tires/sortChanged/true/isListChanged/false/tireSortBy/Priced Low To High
Well I'm a parts guy at my local Ford store, and I can get some for around 130 a tire installed. but thank you for the website, I was looking for some good reviews. How do you think they would look on a 2011 ranger 4x4?

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
they are great tires... but for the price of $250 apiece (in the size i'd need, price i'd have to pay).. i'd be buying DC Mud Countrys for $246.97 a tire from Rough Country. The mud countrys are an awesome tire.. when you're at that $250 a tire price range in that size, you can look at MTR's, grabbers, km2's...

now at your price, if you can't look at others mentioned above... then sure go for it. i've had a few Kelly tires in the past. never personally owned these, but know people that have.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Well I'm a parts guy at my local Ford store, and I can get some for around 130 a tire installed. but thank you for the website, I was looking for some good reviews. How do you think they would look on a 2011 ranger 4x4?

There are reviews in the link I sent 'ya, Bro. Read them. I can find them for around $170 each here installed and balanced. I have a buddy who gets me good deals on my BFG tires. He said he could give me a better price on the Kelly tires but I don't need any tires now. I saw a set on a Jeep last month at one om my Jeep gatherings and they looked really nice and the owner said he loves them. They are smooth and quite on the highways. Since they are A/T's they don't do well in the mud of course. Remember that.

CanuckRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
There are reviews in the link I sent 'ya, Bro. Read them. I can find them for around $170 each here installed and balanced. I have a buddy who gets me good deals on my BFG tires. He said he could give me a better price on the Kelly tires but I don't need any tires now. I saw a set on a Jeep last month at one om my Jeep gatherings and they looked really nice and the owner said he loves them. They are smooth and quite on the highways. Since they are A/T's they don't do well in the mud of course. Remember that.
I worded my last post poorly lol, what I mean't was that I did see the reviews, thank you. and yeah. I just dont know how good 265s will look on my truck, it came stock with 255s on it.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
They will look good on your truck. They are good looking tires. Is your suspension stock right now and are you planning on a lift?

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You talking about retreads??
Not sure if they were retreads. The tyres looked brand new & I assumed the dealer got them as a "wholesale, not retail" bargain. The cost savings were passed on to me.....
They were good on road in warm, dry weather, but SUCKED on snow. The truck couldn't climb up a slight incline ever to get me home-

chandymanusa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Kelly Trs

I work at a place called Rural King (farm n feed store). Sell these and have sold several sets all have said they love them. good all around tire. They run larger than stated if you are running 255 the 265 will be a fit. we recently put a set on a 200& ? Tacoma called for 235 had to step down to a 215 due to rubbing issues. That's all i can tell ya.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals