• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Interior makover..unfinished.

gertsdsbs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 v6
Transmission
Manual
Where Did You Get The Foam (if Any) For The Door Panels And How Did You Do It?

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
very nice!! im diggin it. you should have jim put a tech artical in tech section about this

Primosboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 efi v6
Transmission
Automatic
Well once we had the template made we removed the metal hanger from the old panel and snap riveted it to the new masonite panel. Then with some around 1" thick matress type foam...the same stuff eggcrate pads are made of...anyways we just spray-glued a layer over the whole panel. Then with the camo fabric we positioned it where we wanted, (we got both doors to mirror eachother) we basicly went from the middle down to the bottom of the panel spraying both the foam and the fabric,and just streched it snugly but not super tight and rubbed it down. Let that dry for a minute or two,and went ahead to the sides and then the top. For the holes and stuff in the template we just cut the fabric in a criss-cross pattern from the back and peeled the tabs to the back. Then for the door lock hole my dad has this special punch tool we used to place the metal ring back on. It was all pretty basic and simple,but turned out nice.

Primosboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 efi v6
Transmission
Automatic
very nice!! im diggin it. you should have jim put a tech artical in tech section about this

Thanks! Is Jim a tech guy for this site? Lol. Sorry I'm still kinda new...anyways sure Jim can post away if he wants. Glad everyone's liking it soo far.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
nice work!! thats one sharp looking truck!! really cool interior

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks! Is Jim a tech guy for this site? Lol. Sorry I'm still kinda new...anyways sure Jim can post away if he wants. Glad everyone's liking it soo far.
haha jim runs the place!

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Good deal! I've had this rig for a year and I'm gunnu be getting my license next week. 4x4 or 2wd?
4x4 straight axle, lol. 79 full size bronco:headbang:

Fast Doc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Great work for you and your dad. Thats something to be proud of.

mwood1985

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
lol whos jim....

heck yeah do a tech article on this for the magazine. the door panels and headliner is awesome.. i wanna figure out how to do that on mine

http://www.therangerstation.com/staff/Jim_Oaks.html this is Jims staff page. TRS calls him a bunch of things the big guy, boss man, Vanessas husband but mostly just Jim. that and if he wasnt around we wouldnt be here as a group. welcome to TRS Primos.

Primosboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 efi v6
Transmission
Automatic
heck yeah do a tech article on this for the magazine. the door panels and headliner is awesome.. i wanna figure out how to do that on mine

http://www.therangerstation.com/staff/Jim_Oaks.html this is Jims staff page. TRS calls him a bunch of things the big guy, boss man, Vanessas husband but mostly just Jim. that and if he wasnt around we wouldnt be here as a group. welcome to TRS Primos.

Haha! Where have I been huh? funny...well thanks for filling me in...and thanks to Jim for this awesome site. Lol. Wow even magazine worthy eh? Yeah if you get the chance you should do it..it's pretty easy.

Primosboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 efi v6
Transmission
Automatic
4x4 straight axle, lol. 79 full size bronco:headbang:

Niiiice. That thing should look awesome when it's lifted. I love that year..I looove the 70s F100s. That whole generation looks meeeeaan. Nice rig dude.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Niiiice. That thing should look awesome when it's lifted. I love that year..I looove the 70s F100s. That whole generation looks meeeeaan. Nice rig dude.
thanks bro and the build thread for her is in my sig, and i wanna do this camo to mine but not sure if it would match the blood red interior

Primosboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 efi v6
Transmission
Automatic
thanks bro and the build thread for her is in my sig, and i wanna do this camo to mine but not sure if it would match the blood red interior

You could always paint and use seat covers too. Those armrests I have right now...one was blue and one was tan...I used this special black uphosltery and vinyl paint. Headliner is easy.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
looks damn good man!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals