• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

im back

pwrranger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well about 4 months ago i sold my 96 ranger and since then ive gone through 4 f250s. iv finally got a decent one its a 84 f250 extra cab 4wd with a 6.9. well ive been slowly modding it and fixing previous owners hacks. well yesterday i was at work (i work at a local scrap yard) and i look over my shoulder and see a gen 1 regular cab on a car trailer. from where is was standing it looked clean so i ran over before any of my coworkers saw a clean truck and buy it before me. upon closer inspection the truck has a 6 inch lift fender flares cab visor so i ran up to the office and put a down payment on it lol. the only rot on the whole truck is on the driver side bedside. trying to upload pics from my phone but its not working so ill get some with my camera tomorrow.

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like that could be a good buy. Four wheel drive I'm guessing? It will be interesting to see what kind of lift is on it. You have to wonder what made someone decide to scrap it. I'm curious to see what it looks like.

pwrranger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it needs a ujoint and supposedly it dosnt run i threw a battery in and it cranked but no spark im almost definite its the tfi. it 4wd with the dana 28 and 7.5 with the plate style lift bracket for the passenger side beam which im gonna replace with a home brewed lift i made for my old ranger . plans are dana 35 and an ex 8.8 with discs.

pwrranger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the pic before it was unloaded from the guys trailer ill get more once i get it home

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not bad man. Did you get it at scrap price? What motor is in it? It's always a good sign that it cranks over. When you do get it to fire up, make sure that it has oil pressure. I am strongly considering building up a lifted 4wd first gen for a second truck. My 88 is a good DD, but has obvious limitations as a 2wd. The rig you have pictured there looks like a great starting point, especially if you got it cheap. Just check it over very thoroughly for any hack repair jobs done by previous owners.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals