• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

i'm back in a ranger again

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well as some of you know I was forced to get rid of my grey ranger due to medical reasons that i could no longer shift the standard transmission in it. I got a dodge Dakota and was not very happy with it. so I started searching for another ranger. WELL THE SEARCH IS OVER.

what I managed to find was a '2004 xlt extended cab 4x4 4.0 :yahoo: like a idiot i didn't get any good pics before the mods started while it was still daylight. and before I get flamed for no pics here's 2 i snapped tonight after I put my cap on and loaded it with the firedept stuff i carry..

on to the pics.

more pics when i get a chance in the daylight..:icon_cheers:

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
You can't stay away for long.... Nice looking truck!

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks Sunk, i need to clean it up and give it a good waxing kind of want to keep this truck looking better than my last 3.lol

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

RangerBoy94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
360CDI
Transmission
Automatic
Dude were did u get your front liscense plate? You live in sonoma county? Cause froggy is a country radio station here.

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Dude were did u get your front liscense plate? You live in sonoma county? Cause froggy is a country radio station here.
they must be pushing some serious power cause I'm in western Pennsylvania.:icon_cheers:

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
very nice truck!!! i like it

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well today i got the chance to get some pics in the daylight and worked some more on a few mods i wanted to get done..
here it is sitting out in my yard.

got the reese hitch put on off the dakota. fit like a charm after i took off the bumper and got things moved around.

i'm making a list of goodies to pick up my next trip to the pic n pull like cup holders ( which some dumb a** took out before i got it) I want the radio bezel with fog light switches out of an explorer. just ordered factory fog lights off evilbay.
did the turn signal mod on the front. here's a shot of the interior that i took..

more mods and updates to come if there's enough interest I'll start a build thread.. thanks for looking and any ideas or suggestions are always welcome..:icon_cheers:

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Nice truck. Was this the one that got wrecked? Or am I thinking about something else. I noticed you got Steelers seat covers. I'm thinking about getting some Broncos ones :D

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice truck. Was this the one that got wrecked? Or am I thinking about something else. I noticed you got Steelers seat covers. I'm thinking about getting some Broncos ones :D
I did hit a deer with the Dakota but i never mentioned it on here that i remember of . and the steelers seat cover is gonna go in the trash there is only one and i want my mossy oak ones in there when i get a chance to clean up the inside ( frekin mud everywhere here) there's no since in doing much till it dries up..

getrdone52

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 V8
Transmission
Automatic
and the steelers seat cover is gonna go in the trash
Glad to hear! Haha. And I was talking about your Ranger getting in a wreck because I remember someone on here had a Ranger just like yours and they wrecked it. That was awhile ago though so it was probably someone else.

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well time for an update on the ranger. The weather has been getting a little nicer around here lately so I took the contractor cap off and mounted my toolbox on the truck. I've been giving my stepbrother a hand around his used car lot and he said hey your truck would look good with a bed cover on the rest of the bed with that toolbox. So i brought a Tonneau cover home with me and modded it to work with my toolbox. After turning in a bunch of aluminum cans and a crap load of copper wire i had stored up to have some extra money I ordered a set of steps off evilbay and mounted them on today. (not a big fan but when you haul your elderly grandparents in the truck what can you really do?:dunno:)

I seen this cool decal on evilbay so i thought wtf and ordered it. I think it adds an unique message to prying eyes.:icon_rofl:

As soon as my grandfather comes home from the hospital today a wash and wax might get done, may pick up some rain-x for my windows..
I have my radio bezel ready to shoot with paint this after noon so I'll work on that if I get a chance. I'd like to get my fog lights in later this weekend but time will soon tell.

If anyone has any ideas I could do on the cheep feel free to post and I'll see what i can do with my limited income now..

Clay Lorance

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.6 V8
Transmission
Automatic
Damn good looking truck Grey, it reminds of my old Rannger before I got the F-150.

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
tks Clay, I've been working on it little bit at a time someday I hope it looks like something.(lol)

Dan B.

January 2012 STOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
387 Windsor
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Grey....where in WPA are you located?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals