• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

If Ford made every vehicle as good as the Rangers...

shadetree

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Explorer Sport
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
This is no lie, Maintenance is a major factor, when I first got married, the wife had a Ford Fairmont that was a ex GTE car. Had a oil cooler and trans cooler and a power steering cooler added. It had 131,600 miles when she got it. I kept the maint up on that car and she drove it for over 3 years with no problems, final mileage....502,782 miles. Transmission went out and cost was far greater than the value of the car, plus money was not there, so we had one car to drive for a few weeks. Cost was $1,100 for repair and $1,500 up for a different (junyard or new) one. THAT was the best car we ever had.

-=Reno=-
I was talking to a rental agent in California several years ago, and asked him what was the best car he ever had for rental. He said it was the Ford Fairmont by far. He said you couldn't tear the damn things up, or wear them out. Knowing the abuse these vehicles take, I thought it was a good indication of the reliability of the car. :) shady

Maverick

FoMoCo MoFo
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
You have 9 people that never jacked up the front and shook the tire.
No, just 9 people that own a truck that doesn't have ball joint problems.

My brother working at a Ford dealership has changed many SD balljoints, a 2002 F-250 my dad looked at with a 5.4 got a new set at 20k (per Oasis) under warrentee, it only had 55k on it when we checked it out.

No truck (as a model) is perfect though, they all have problems whether each truck is effected or not (don't get me wrong, I do think the Super Duty is king of the 3/4 and 1 ton's) It is kind of funny how people love to bash the independant suspensions of the others though, thinking that the solid axle (with the lovely vacuum hubs) in the SD is made of pure kryptonite or something.
Well I guess we all just got the good SD's then. I will agree that no truck is pefect, and that they all have their problems. But considering the volume of SD's I've been around and not seen this as a problem, I can't take your word for it. Compared to IFS, the SD axle (with it's vacuum hubs that can be manually engaged if problems occur) is made of pure kryptonite.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals