• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

hows everyones "quarantine" going?

Pix3L8

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Work temporarily laid off a bunch of us off but were still getting checks from the NY stimulus bill so life is good. As long as the checks keep coming and the truck keeps breaking I'm going to be held up in the garage for the next few weeks I suppose. Its weird seeing almost no one in town and how many stores are completely shut down.

Pix3L8

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Yeah, other than everything fun being closed not much has changed for me, so far from the looks of it summer is basically cancelled... I was supposed to go camping last weekend, supposed to go camping in about 2 weeks but that probably won't happen (well, at least not as planned... might make a much simpler trip). I saw a not that the US Forrest Service closed EVERYTHING until September 30 unless something changes... No camping, no OHV trails, no viewpoints... so no fun...

I guess on the plus side, if I can I need to get on my shop build project ASAP before things get stupid... Next step is permitting, have a quote for the kit, have a flat spot just need permit and parts...
Do you think this will affect the fishing season at all?

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
considering ALL boat ramps (I'm sure there's some open, but none of the big ones) are closed and Salmon fishing on the Columbia river in Oregon is closed, I'm pretty sure... I haven't fished much in the last few years but it's going to be frustrating when I'm running lower on stuff to do :)

Pix3L8

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco ii
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
considering ALL boat ramps (I'm sure there's some open, but none of the big ones) are closed and Salmon fishing on the Columbia river in Oregon is closed, I'm pretty sure... I haven't fished much in the last few years but it's going to be frustrating when I'm running lower on stuff to do :)
this is depressing :(

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
We usually do a spring steelhead trip in Michigan... Just looked and while it appears you can still fish... the places with big numbers of fisherman are going to have pretty limited access by way of closing the parking lots. It also appears social distancing measures will be enforced by way of $500 fines and/or jail time.

We had already cancelled our trip a couple weeks ago...

My BIL was fishing the Detroit River for walleye on Sunday... with Detroit fast becoming the next HOT SPOT... I suspect public access points will be shut down.

Seems China has given us a couple other things that hurt the fishing in the Great Lakes State... the Cormorant and the Asian Carp. I once watched a flock of Cormorants devour a plant of 40,000 brown trout smolts... you could watch them eat until they were full... they would puke them up... then dive back down to repeat the process. Sad day indeed. They also all but ruined the perch fisheries. The Asian carp has made it's way to the great lakes by way of Chicago. I expect a slow decline in the great lakes themselves and any tributary that leads to the great lakes,

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
Usually by now I'm out fishing because the lakes have opened up from the ice cover But no... I'm home going nuts because I'm a hyper person trying to stay still inside a 4 room apartment. I'm pacing the floors causing my back and hips to hurt so for me this is close to torture. I still get out, for now, on the weekends to boil sap for maple syrup but that is just about over, I'm thinking this week is the last. Having some projects on the truck helps some but because of weather many of them need to wait longer to be done.

Kid is home now during the week so that adds home schooling and increases fights with hormone fluctuating tween. Store trips and eating out/drive thru/pick up has been minimal, usually 2 trips to a store minimum for me a week but now one every 2 weeks. People in general are dirty and I usually avoid them anyways but now I treat others like they do have the plague. On a good note though before this beer went sour I had already had enough TP in the house but the hunt for trash bags got annoying after 2 stores without them.

I am stuck at home during the winter months as it is but being stuck at home when warmer weather is here has made a major change in my life, not to mention my kids life. She goes where I go does what I do like help tint the truck windows. Oh yea she cut my tonneau cover while I wasn't looking because she is with me when she usually isn't and got bored watching me squeegee the water out the tint. She used the tonneau as a table to cut tape on, with a razor knife by the way.

"How's quarantine going?" I'm going nuts... its driving me nuts. OK I admit I'm almost there anyways but still, this virus will be my breaking point soon.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
Haven't seen our kids and 3 grand kids in 6 weeks. Today was the youngest's birthday, 3 years old, and had to miss it. Haven't missed a birthday for any of them till today. Wife very sad.
Cancelled rv trip to Fla Panhandle to see Blue Angles at Pensacola, this month. Had to cancel planned rv trip to Canada Maritime Provence's in July/August cause I don't think this is going to be over, and even if it is, not a lot of places are going to be open. Canada might still refuse entry to foreigners.
Sitting at home like most of you. Retired so don't have a job, wife still works 3 part time shifts a week at hospital.
Only bright spot is that we get out once or twice a week for an hour or two to cruise up on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and then find a fast foodie with a drive thru for lunch.
Grumpaw

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Skype yourselves to the birthday party?

Seems to be what everyone is doing these days...

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
Wife skypes almost every other day, but not quite the same. Oldest understands whats going on, but the 6 and 3 year olds don't understand why they can't play with their friends or go to playground a block away.
Daughter in law going totally nuttso trying to keep them occupied. Wife wants to go stay with them for a week or two, but age dosen't permit it safely.
Grumpaw

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
We usually do a spring steelhead trip in Michigan... Just looked and while it appears you can still fish... the places with big numbers of fisherman are going to have pretty limited access by way of closing the parking lots. It also appears social distancing measures will be enforced by way of $500 fines and/or jail time.
We are heading up north beginning of next week for an overnight camping/quad ride. Staying on private property and to my surprise the trails and ORV stickering system was still up and running.

They did say the trails arnt being groomed right now though...but hell thatll just make it more fun.

BEFORE ANYONE FREAKS OUT....
Its just me and 1 buddy, and the private property is a 5 acre plot of land in the middle of the woods away from everyone. Other then stopping for gas once we wont be endangering no one.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
We are heading up north beginning of next week for an overnight camping/quad ride. Staying on private property and to my surprise the trails and ORV stickering system was still up and running.

They did say the trails arnt being groomed right now though...but hell thatll just make it more fun.

BEFORE ANYONE FREAKS OUT....
Its just me and 1 buddy, and the private property is a 5 acre plot of land in the middle of the woods away from everyone. Other then stopping for gas once we wont be endangering no one.
If northern Michigan loses all the tourist dollars from campers/ORVers… it will devastate what little economy they have. Most campgrounds are still open... but have closed bathroom/shower houses. Also will have to register online or self register upon arrival. Seems they are also issuing camp permits for camping on state owned land.

I did see too that silver lake sand dunes opening for the season has been postponed until further notice.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Not under quarantine here. Oklahoma City and Tulsa are, but MWC isn't. Even so, they said on the news last night that the cities parks will remain open so people can get out and get some natural vitamin D from sunlight, which is said to help with this crap.

Also saw a blurb on the news where getting plasma from someone who has recovered from this crap seems to help tremendously with recovery on those who are still sick.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
we can start by taking away their knives so they stop cutting into all sorts of fucking animals.

maybe start packing their lunches like little kids at school till they learn to act right.
Come try and take my knives. I have a large collection of them, and never leave home without one on each side, left and right. Try and take them!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

We had already cancelled our trip a couple weeks ago...

My BIL was fishing the Detroit River for walleye on Sunday... with Detroit fast becoming the next HOT SPOT... I suspect public access points will be shut down.

Seems China has given us a couple other things that hurt the fishing in the Great Lakes State... the Cormorant and the Asian Carp. I once watched a flock of Cormorants devour a plant of 40,000 brown trout smolts... you could watch them eat until they were full... they would puke them up... then dive back down to repeat the process. Sad day indeed. They also all but ruined the perch fisheries. The Asian carp has made it's way to the great lakes by way of Chicago. I expect a slow decline in the great lakes themselves and any tributary that leads to the great lakes,
There was a sign on the meat counter at the grocery store last night that due to COVID19 fisherman are not fishing and thus their fresh fish from the great lakes will be temporarily no longer available.

I never really hear about it, I didn't know the great lakes were really fished commercially.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
If northern Michigan loses all the tourist dollars from campers/ORVers… it will devastate what little economy they have. Most campgrounds are still open... but have closed bathroom/shower houses. Also will have to register online or self register upon arrival. Seems they are also issuing camp permits for camping on state owned land.

I did see too that silver lake sand dunes opening for the season has been postponed until further notice.
I can see them closing congragated areas like the dunes, but the trails even on a nice weekend you might see 2 or 3 other riders. With rain called for and 55* temps on the tue/wed we are going i doubt theyll be anyone.

Hell they encourage hikeing. Trail quad riding is the same as hikeing...just for lazy folks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals