• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How much music do you have?

LITTLE FOOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i have a radio, that works just fine lol

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
190gb here. I think I have a problem.

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
Well I used to have a 30gb Zune and roughly 5000 songs on it, but I sold it....back to cd's :( as for CD's I have roughly 200 or so with 20 tracks on each.....but there a PIA when they get scratched and skip tho....

smokey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
For
Transmission
Automatic
I have right around 750 gigs of music, maybe a little more.
I really need to organize it a bit better I have mp3,wma, and those stupid ipod formats that got on there ripping all my daughters cd's for her Ipod before I caught it.

Duggo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Probably 400 LP's and around the same number of CD's. No mp3's here, I care about sound quality.

ryan

Forum Administrator
Administrator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
Probably 400 LP's and around the same number of CD's. No mp3's here, I care about sound quality.
sounds system matters more than mp3. an mp3 encoded in 256 is plenty good enough for what most people have

i love it when apple freaks talk about the itunes lossless format and how much better it is, and then listen through the crappy earbuds that come with it (not directed at you)

i could only tell the difference when an mp3 has some crappy encoding, like 96 or 128, and i just listen on headphones so it doesnt matter much to me personally

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
One truck has mud tires and the other has dual exhaust, so right off the bat my sound studio isn't too hot. It sounds good enough for me, even sitting still I can't tell the difference between it and a CD, dunno what a LP is. I was impressed how much clearer it was on a MP3 player vs on a regular radio... I gave up on paying $10-15 per CD for one or two good songs awhile ago.

I have 3.74GB filled on my 30G Zune, and that is with a couple pictures and movies too.

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
LP traditionally means a full length vinyl record, but most folks now-a-days just use it to refer to a CD.

DRanger024

Supporting Member
Solid Axle Swap
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6-7” front maybe 3” rear
Total Drop
Tire Size
33x12.50-15
I feel like I'm the only one using a USB jump drive for music in my truck haha. 8 gigs at my fingertips with a nearly 4" lcd screen is nice. I need a bigger drive though... I need some more cow bell!

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've got the same setup, mate. I've got an Alpine IDA-X100 with a 32gb drive in there. It beats the hell out of switching cds.

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Snap now Milje has an MP3 player. Went to get a new phone on Saturday, deal of the week was the Palm Centro was free, so I got that.

I guess I'll have to put some music on it. I guess that means I'll have to put some music on my computer first :D

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Har har got a memory card today, put some Ozzy, Led Zeppelin, and Mountain on my phone.

Have I joined the 21st century yet?

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
every acdc song there is, its on my computer and my islod
what about Rhino Bucket, The Poor or Airbourne?

I've got them all... if you like AC/DC...

AD

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
sounds system matters more than mp3. an mp3 encoded in 256 is plenty good enough for what most people have

i love it when apple freaks talk about the itunes lossless format and how much better it is, and then listen through the crappy earbuds that come with it (not directed at you)

i could only tell the difference when an mp3 has some crappy encoding, like 96 or 128, and i just listen on headphones so it doesnt matter much to me personally
+1... You would actually be surprised at the differences in quality of different formats though, but those differences you could really only tell on a high end (say studio monitor) system... I did all the tracking for my band and had a 'decent' studio set-up, and I could actually tell differences between different formats, not on any other system though, unless it's an mp3 less than 196... Although, I did go and listen to our tracks at one of Belmont University's rooms and man, did it ever blow away my dinky little system... It was so clear I could hear my watch click in the background of my guitar tracks during quieter sections (the pickups picked up the movement of the metal pieces inside my watch)...

BigJohn76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
+1... You would actually be surprised at the differences in quality of different formats though, but those differences you could really only tell on a high end (say studio monitor) system... I did all the tracking for my band and had a 'decent' studio set-up, and I could actually tell differences between different formats, not on any other system though, unless it's an mp3 less than 196... Although, I did go and listen to our tracks at one of Belmont University's rooms and man, did it ever blow away my dinky little system... It was so clear I could hear my watch click in the background of my guitar tracks during quieter sections (the pickups picked up the movement of the metal pieces inside my watch)...
wow. that must be a damn good setup in there to pick up the watch.

as for me, i have about 9 gigs on my Ipod and i know most of the words to the songs on there. i share it with my mother and she has some weird stuff on there that i dont care for but otherwise i can tell you the song and the artist and most of the words.

edit: i still love the sound quality of the LPs. to me, nothing beats the sound quality of an old vinyl record on a turntable,

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals