• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

high school 1957 vs. 2008

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Violence isn't always required to get respect from kids. I've always had a fear/respect of my dad and he never layed a hand on me. When I mouthed off I lost my car or something else as important at the time. You learn quickly when you have to walk everywhere.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I hope things work out for you, Koda.
We broke up.

Dude koda your in high school. 5 bucks says if you look around the room right now there's atleast two cute chicks in the room, go talk to them get some numbers and start the healing process by eating lunch with some hot chicks lol that's how I do it
Not that many cute chicks in my highschool, and the ones that are would never talk to me. Plus, I like a personality that matches mine and that's hard to find.

theres a difference between concealed and out in the open you can get in alot more trouble for a concealed weapon(here anyway)
im a sensitive guy man i know what you mean but honestlytake it easy for awhile dont really look around then start looking other girls(thats my opinion keep in mind i dont know the story it might not work for you) but i wish you luck and by the way this wouldnt happen to be the girl that moved in with you would it?
Well, you only get in trouble about a concealed weapon if they find it. My school doesn't search cars unless they feel the need and have a police officer there. And by then a quick call to a friend or parent outside of school could have the vehicle in question miles away..

And no, she didn't move in. Although we have been spending weekends and maybe 2-3 weekdays with each other. Tell you what, sleeping in a bed alone sucks ass after sleeping with someone else for so long. It's pretty damn cold too.

One year some kid got expelled from my high school and the school went into lockdown and had an investigation just because a kid had a spent .22 shell in his backpack.
It's just ridiculous. I remember only about ten years ago when everyone had rifles in their trucks around here. Of course the HS here has a sign up during the fall that says "Hunting season reminder: Do not bring your guns to school"
I have a 12 gauge shell on my key chain.

sean9721

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Where i live there is 1 high school. I am in the 11th grade. The last time i got in trouble was when i was in 3rd grade. We have drug searches about once a semester. We had one a few weeks ago. They let a dog in and search all of the classrooms. Last Thursday, a kid made a terroristic threat. He said he wanted to kill his 4th block, said that graduation would be a memorial, and said that he wanted to blow up the stage at graduation. Those are just rumors, what i have heard is that he got in deep trouble. Will i ever see that kid again? Probably not.

irishblessing

koda buddy youll get over her and find a girl that you think is way better just hang in there start hanging out with your guy buddys tkae it easy if you need help im sure all of trs is here for you and yeah it does suck sleeping alone

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I beg to disagree. I finished high school in the 50's, and we never heard of "gun control laws." Everyone that had a gun rack had a rifle of some kind in it. Hunting was a favored pasttime. We had guns at 10, 11, 12 years old. Anyone could buy ammunition. We could buy guns in our teens. No permits. No background checks.

We had Korea, and Viet Nam wasn't yet a problem. But, then again, maybe its regional, I don't know.:)shady
I know what you are saying. But you grew up in a narrow and unique period in American history. A period where the Great Depression had just been shrugged off and people thta were used to saving everything in their attic had been working--women were working, national stress was ow, the roaring 50s, no international competition. A kid was going to the corner market for a pack of smokes for his dad. That was an unusual time and you were damned lucky to have lived it. My best friend was born in 1932, went to college and missed Korea. Went in the Army into the artillery (Honest John rockets) and got out after 4 years. Worked at Arvin for 35 years retired with a pension and his wife retired from the county school district with a pension and they are living their happy ever after. They are perfectly centered in the American dream. Everyone before them suffered and everyone after them suffered. It's the ideal time to live in this era. Now, we don't have retirement plans we can believe in--we have 401Ks that have taken a huge beating. We have international competition that can throw us out of our jobs, and houses, without two weeks notice.

What I'm saying is, every era has it's own identity. Since the 1960s gun control has been tightening up. Since around 911 it has begun loosening.

Read this fo a short overview of gun control history.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
That drama is my life right now. :icon_thumby:

Literally right now..

Some of those are pretty funny though. I have a state trooper patrolling my halls in my highschool now btw.
got dumped. I'm sorry. but you'll have the last laugh when her new BF's truck is dead and you can laugh while driving by. (give ur girl a lift too)

I think it has gotten way out of control for the most part, but there are the few kids that really do sick stuff like that and they must punish them, but to take it out on people that were just inconvinenced it blows. I remember getting detention for getting in a fight playing soccer, kid swung a punch and hit me a few times, (nobody else doing anything but watching) I turned around grabbed him and slammed him into the pole, telling him he needed to stop in no was did I really fight him but we were both suposed to be suspended under the fact apparently I MUST have done something to provoke him into attacking me, therefore its my fault too. Luckly I am on the good side of pretty much all of the teachers and they knew I wouldn't start a fight.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Hang in there Koda--try abstinence, an electric blanket, & put ur money into ur ride where it'll be appreciated

BigJohn76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Tell you what, sleeping in a bed alone sucks ass after sleeping with someone else for so long. It's pretty damn cold tooQUOTE]

dude i know exactly how you feel. it happened to me a few weeks ago. it aint that bad, girls really aint worth it. just go out with some buddies and have a good time. i have more fun without a woman than with one.

sbsumerix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
i hate how things are like that now, the whole "metrosexual" thing and the trend for men to be pansies and act like women is disturbing. and i'm only a few years out of high school. then again i think a good time can be had chopping firewood.
thats how my dad has all of his firewood choped when i was younger. come on give a 10 yr old an axe and let him destroy wood with it nothing was better but now that im off in college he found he had the money to buy a wood splitter.

and i know how it is koda. a year and a half with everything i put in it and loved her more then anything. i get to come home a weekend from college excited to see her and the first night she wants to talk after a long night of talking im back to the world of being single.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
One year some kid got expelled from my high school and the school went into lockdown and had an investigation just because a kid had a spent .22 shell in his backpack.
It's just ridiculous. I remember only about ten years ago when everyone had rifles in their trucks around here. Of course the HS here has a sign up during the fall that says "Hunting season reminder: Do not bring your guns to school"

before my father graduated HS in '53 students not wanting to leave their shotgun in their pickup truck (many weren't yet at NJ's driving age of 17)
would keep their shotgun and hunting jacket in their locker.

Walkig into the school with a shotgun didn't even rate someone noticing!

It was routine to hunt small game during lunch and immediatly after school, but then righ off the back of the school's property
was a state forest, so...

Opening day of Deer hunting was a state holiday, school was closed for the day, because all the teachers as well as most of the students weren't going to be there anyway.

AD

Last edited:

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
I was in HS in the 80's and it wasnt that bad.

Nowadays i agree though, things like columbine wouldnt of happened if everyone wasnt a pansy and whipped some ass. Machine guns or not. Jump em' from behind.

later,
Dustin

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My grandfather carried a .22 with him on his walk to his one room school house, but he left it at his friends house which was the last one he went by on the way there because the teacher didn't want guns in class.

When I was in high school in the late 90's and early 00's you could bring your bow in for archery in PE. You had to check it in and leave it at the office though, which would have been fine because it wouldn't fit in a locker with 2 backpacks anyway. If I had the bow I have now back then I would have had it there for sure, looking back on it even the bow I had back then was 10x better than the cheesy little recurves with no sights or arrow nocks and wooden arrows we used. Our reward for a bulllseye was a snack size candy bar, how ironic is that? Even with the POS equipment I sometimes managed 2 or 3 of them things a class.

Never had a need for a gun at school, my plan was if I needed something keep a low profile and a chair from behind would be pretty effective...

The main deer season here opens on a Saturday, so school was out anyway. I do remember kids having "doctors appointments" for different odd seasons that didn't though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals