• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Got to get some dirt

Daniel_187

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I got to get some dirt tonight after work, and wanted to know how much can I haul in the bed(its losse dirt too). I got a 4.0L in the ranger. thanks

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
as much as you can fit. just make sure you give yourself plenty of stopping distance becuase of the extra weight. assuming you have the 8.8 rear axle you can haul up to 2750lb on that axle.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Watch the big bumps too cuz its gonna squat.

Mechanickid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It'll do it fine. We used to haul as much sand as a short bed could hold with my dads 86 ranger.

kansas 4x4

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
You can NOT haul almost 3000 pounds in the ( bed ) of your truck!!!!!!!!!! it is illegal and you are putting other people on the road at risk because of your stupidity in thinking you have a half ton truck!!!!!!!!!!! look in your manual and it will tell you what the ( weight capacity ) for your ( bed ) is.

If you EXCEED the weight capacity of your bed you are BREAKING THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be like all those fools driving around in our little trucks THINKING they are bullet proof, they are not and they have LIMITS.

Just because some moron put a massive amount of weight in the BED of their ranger and nothing happened does not mean it won't happen to YOU.

Don't be foolish and put other peoples LIVES at risk while driving down the road in your ranger all while the front wheels are barely touching the ground and your leafs are bending over on them selves because of wayyyyyyyyyyy to much weight.

I think you will be SURPRISED at just how much weight you can legally haul in the bed of your truck, if you research it and come up with FACTS, it's not much at all!!

racinranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i routinely put 2klb's of scrap in my 98 4x4 ext cab 4.0l auto. sure its not awsome but it did just fine and i took it down the garden state at 60

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Fill it up but not all the way. Throw your hazards on and drive slow.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I routinely haul 1500-1700lbs of coal in my truck.

Dirt generally isn't as dense so I doubt you can get much more
than 1000# in there anyway.

AD

Daniel_187

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys, unfortunately its was raining cats and dogs, so I got to try again tomorrow.

JD22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You can NOT haul almost 3000 pounds in the ( bed ) of your truck!!!!!!!!!! it is illegal and you are putting other people on the road at risk because of your stupidity in thinking you have a half ton truck!!!!!!!!!!! look in your manual and it will tell you what the ( weight capacity ) for your ( bed ) is.

If you EXCEED the weight capacity of your bed you are BREAKING THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be like all those fools driving around in our little trucks THINKING they are bullet proof, they are not and they have LIMITS.

Just because some moron put a massive amount of weight in the BED of their ranger and nothing happened does not mean it won't happen to YOU.

Don't be foolish and put other peoples LIVES at risk while driving down the road in your ranger all while the front wheels are barely touching the ground and your leafs are bending over on them selves because of wayyyyyyyyyyy to much weight.

I think you will be SURPRISED at just how much weight you can legally haul in the bed of your truck, if you research it and come up with FACTS, it's not much at all!!

Callllllllllllllllm down bro.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual

Wooooah!!! Switch to decaf.

AD

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Kansas has a point. Obviously, you can exceed Ford's "cover our own ass" payload rating to a certain extent, but that kind of weight is pushing it.

skyhigh91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Use a trailer:dunno:

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I ran 2 loads of shingles (to the dump) heaped above the top of the bed in the center with one of my 93 2.3s. Didn't even bottom the springs and shingles are pretty dense. I stayed <35 mph so they didn't blow out onto the road, but it drove fine, actually smoothed out the ride. I'd pile as much dirt in there as you want and drive appropriately.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals