• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Gauge lights out...

dbp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys. I have an 02 edge (I think it's an edge, doesn't say EDGE on it...although it has the painted bumpers and rubber interior)...

But anyway, the dash appears to have probably 5-6 lights out on it. I'm thinking of going in there and just replacing them all. Both gauges on the left are out -- fuel and whatever else...the speedometer is out at the top around 50-60...and RPM is out from 0 to about 4k.

Hoping to find someone that's done this before...Is that instrument cluster easily removable? Do you just go to the dealer and get like 10 bulbs?

Thanks.

fes007

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It is real simple. There are about three small bolts that hold the bezel for the gauge cluster. Remove those and you can then take the bezel out. There are then a few really small bolts that hold the instrument cluster in place. Be careful when removing the bolts because since they are so small they tend to fall down into the dash. Remove the cluster and then unhook the wiring harnesses. The bulbs will be on the back of the cluster and just turn to remove them. Since you are replacing bulbs you might as well do all of them since they all have about the same lifespan. This is a very easy process and will take you longer to get the bulbs than replace them.

dbp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
OK thanks, sounds good.

dbp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sweet, thanks man

dbp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
All done...did it on my lunch break. Took probably a half hour or so, but I'm always very cautious working with interior pieces.

I replaced all the bulbs. I want to say there were maybe 12-14 #74's and 6 main illumination 194 bulbs. They're all marked on the back of the cluster incase you just wanted to replace one.

Like a whole new vehicle driving home in the dark after work haha.

Thanks guys.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals