• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Respirators and Ventilators

Status
Not open for further replies.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Neat that they are doing it, neat they kinda pulled a card from all of us Mcguyvers and are are making it happen with off the shelf parts:

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
The timeline to get them to hospitals is pretty dismal though. 3 months or more from what I've heard. Good to make them anyway but I feel it'll be too little too late to make an impact on our current crisis.

The issue hospitals are going to face is prioritizing the units they have until this is over. Some people may just get more invasive procedures or medications where they would normally be placed on a a safer simplier respirator.

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
Ford's made all kinds of stuff over the years that no one hears about. We had a retired Ford engineer move to our area when he retired in the late 60's. He brought a prototype 66 Falcon with him that had an Econoline front end under it because Ford was planning to put the 427 into them but never did. His had a 289 and ran on a manufacturer plate because it didn't have a VIN or a title. He had designed the front suspension under the Falcon that ended up in Mustangs, Cougars, etc. He wasn't allowed to sell it, when he was done Ford took it and supposedly crushed it.He also designed a rack and pinion system and a front wheel drive set up for the 58 Tbird but Ford stuck with the P.O.S. non integral power steering set up and sold the front drive design to GM-who used it in the Toronado and Eldorado. When he died his obituary listed all his patents, among them an aqua lung and some other medical devices.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
unnamed.jpg

I want one of these bad boys. 1100 CID, twin carbs, 8 cylinders, 32 valves, and designed for war.

'Murica!

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Maybe they'll make IV bags too... one could say that they literally bled Ford blue at that point

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
The timeline to get them to hospitals is pretty dismal though. 3 months or more from what I've heard. Good to make them anyway but I feel it'll be too little too late to make an impact on our current crisis.

The issue hospitals are going to face is prioritizing the units they have until this is over. Some people may just get more invasive procedures or medications where they would normally be placed on a a safer simplier respirator.
If there going to take 3 months to get them out to the hospitals, then there won't be any problem at all...
Trump has ordered the virus to be done and gone by April 12, Easter, a little over 2 weeks away.
On Monday April 13 th, everything will be back to normal, and you'll be able to return all your un-used toilet paper for refund.
Grumpaw

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
If there going to take 3 months to get them out to the hospitals, then there won't be any problem at all...
Trump has ordered the virus to be done and gone by April 12, Easter, a little over 2 weeks away.
On Monday April 13 th, everything will be back to normal, and you'll be able to return all your un-used toilet paper for refund.
Grumpaw
Do you have to inject negative political BS into every discussion of the actual national crisis that is on-going?

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
Grumpaw
Trump is just aiming for that goal. The likelyhood of it happening is low. Trump does not control the virus. He is simply doing his best in the face of a unprecidented (in modern times) emergency to give the people hope.

Grumpaw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XL
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
Stock 225/70/15
My credo
I don't count birthday's anymore...just happy to be looking down at the ground instead of looking up
Do you have to inject negative political BS into every discussion of the actual national crisis that is on-going?
Well, lets see...
I'm 70 and can't go anywhere, because anywhere is now closed. Also, I need to be concerned for my health.
My wife, a nurse, 68 years old, goes to work at a hospital where there are cases of the virus, so it's a crap shoot that she'll become infected.
I have lost half of my retirement accounts, and,
I'm hoping my state retirement pension survives the market fall.
I'm bailing out my son, daughter in law and 3 grand kids, and have just about wiped out our savings doing it.
Can't go back to work cause of my age and the fact that no one is hiring.
And, there's a 50%--50% chance that if Trump had taken this seriously from the first it occurred, and listened to his advisers and medical experts, I / we wouldn't be getting screwed like we are now
.So, yes I do !!! Additionally, I try to post some funnies, cause it's better than being in the dumps, and I also realize there are those of you who are in worse positions than I am.
Grumpaw

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Grumpaw
A lot of store have already put a no return policy on a few items... toilet paper, hand sanitizer, etc. (All the hoarded items.)

19Walt93

Ford Technician
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3"
Tire Size
235/55R16
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
I think it would have been better(in hind sight) if Trump hadn't been so dismissive early on. That pales in comparison to the damage the Chinese did by preventing news of the outbreak from getting out for 2 months, not to mention eating vermin and starting the whole thing.
I've heard medical folks complain about not being ready for the virus because Trump didn't order them to prepare. Tonight's news had an interview with the head of a hospital in Concord about the preparations they started doing almost 2 months ago. On their own initiative.Without being ordered by the president to do their jobs.

G8orFord

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC S/C
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
Just the right size to touch the ground.
So what y'all are saying is we should have went into lockdown on Jan. 1? How would that have changed anything? We didn't have test kits, the stock market would still have crashed, there was no cure then either and travelling folks were already being exposed. Do you also think Obama's handling of H1N1 was better? Blaming Trump for this virus (or Obama for H1N1) is ridiculous IMO.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Doesn't matter who's in charge, earlier response would definitely have made a difference. We were business as usual until only 2 weeks ago. Trump doesn't listen to his scientific/medical advisors and fired the pandemic response team which might have come in handy during a, well pandemic. So no I don't think he's done a good job at this and if we got info from the medical community instead of "ahhh don't worry it'll go away" we would have been better prepared and farther along with dealing with this.

G8orFord

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC S/C
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
Just the right size to touch the ground.
The medical community is making bank right now. They might have a bit of a bias.

So, we shut down the country, blow our debt and deficit to even higher astronomical proportions for a virus that has a survival rate approaching 99% outside of 3rd World areas.

This isn't the tailgate so I'm done, but there's a lot more going on here than some of you seem to think.

Dirtman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
The spanish flu had the same 98% survival rate.. that did not end well...

2% of the population is 150,000,000+ people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals