• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

TRS Event Ford Ranger 40th Anniversary - Truck Nationals - Carlisle PA

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So when I left, I went up by the George Washington Bridge, by my brother, three hours, overnight there, and then I headed down to my son a couple hours south of him. The adventure never ends….

Uh oh….

View attachment 96561

Bearing spun. I’m back on the road, I’ll let you know what happen when I get home, hopefully tonight. Just leaving Pennsylvania now.
Version 2.0: retractable air tag axle...

PlumCrazy

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
2014 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Sorry I never made it over to the TRS tent to say hi......I was parked with my usual suspects on the main drag. the Ranger representation over all was underwhelming for the whole show. I was hoping Carlisle was going to push the 40th anniversary a little more and at least put an ranger back on the event t-shirt.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
@Uncle Gump I thought I had read somewhere that Ford was bringing the Raptor to the Truck Nationals. I guess I was wrong.
I thought you had said that at one point.

Kinda sad really... seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Even sadder... I'm becoming use to their blundering ways.

Honestly... they aren't even going to produce a 7th gen I want to buy.

tomahawk350

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
Tire Size

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I get that...

But this was the 40th anniversary of the Ranger after all. You sure woulda thought they could show up with a Ranger or three.
They just don't care about the ranger 😕

If it was the 40th anniversary of the F series they would of brought 10 and paid for 17 iterations of Bigfoot to be there and everything else 😑

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I get that...

But this was the 40th anniversary of the Ranger after all. You sure woulda thought they could show up with a Ranger or three.
And it was a truck event to boot. One would think Ford would have wanted some kind of representation but I guess since none of the other manufacturers were there, they felt they didn’t need to be there either.

tomahawk350

Solid Axle Swap
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
Tire Size
I found pics from 10 yrs ago. No manufacturer representation back then either. Still only Skyjacker. Kinda surprising no other aftermarket suppliers.:unsure: Come to think of it, they never were at Bloomsburg Truck Show back in the day either.

Attachments

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
They just don't care about the ranger 😕

If it was the 40th anniversary of the F series they would of brought 10 and paid for 17 iterations of Bigfoot to be there and everything else 😑
Saw this TIKTOK vdo where this guy goes to a bunch of different Ford Dealers. His whole point of the series is that Ford dont care about the Ranger and don't want the Maverick sales to leapfrog the F series. ONE used maverick on the lots and it was in "pre-sale" which basically means "If you want to pay more than the 'other guy', You can have this one" Meanwhile EVERY iteration of the F-150 was there. Raptors, Lightnings, Tremors, Base XL models Fully loaded Lariats, and every thing in between. He deduced that the Dealers would try to convince you to get an F-150, even though you think that you might Need a Maverick, they have a F-150 right here, right now, NO waiting. 🎣🎣🎣

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Saw this TIKTOK vdo where this guy goes to a bunch of different Ford Dealers. His whole point of the series is that Ford dont care about the Ranger and don't want the Maverick sales to leapfrog the F series. ONE used maverick on the lots and it was in "pre-sale" which basically means "If you want to pay more than the 'other guy', You can have this one" Meanwhile EVERY iteration of the F-150 was there. Raptors, Lightnings, Tremors, Base XL models Fully loaded Lariats, and every thing in between. He deduced that the Dealers would try to convince you to get an F-150, even though you think that you might Need a Maverick, they have a F-150 right here, right now, NO waiting. 🎣🎣🎣
Dealers do seem to habitually/traditionally try to upsell as many folks as they can.

When I bought my 21 ranger I told the salesman I wanted the cheapest one they had that checked my boxes... which was the xl stx I ended up with... but what he initially brought around for me to look at was an xlt fx4 that costed another 12k or something lol

Same thing with the Bronco, first dealer I went to I explicitly said I wanted a 2 door 2.3... "oh well we don't have any of those.. but we DO have a 4 door 2.7 you can take home today"

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Yep pretty much. The F-150 is the vehicle they want the sales numbers in more than anything. Sure they did a lot of promotion when they brought the Ranger back but that pretty much dropped off a cliff the next year. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is the same with the Bronco. I watch very little TV. So I have no idea what is being pushed and to what level but I know there was always an F-150 ad if there was anything from Ford before.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Dealers do seem to habitually/traditionally try to upsell as many folks as they can.

When I bought my 21 ranger I told the salesman I wanted the cheapest one they had that checked my boxes... which was the xl stx I ended up with... but what he initially brought around for me to look at was an xlt fx4 that costed another 12k or something lol

Same thing with the Bronco, first dealer I went to I explicitly said I wanted a 2 door 2.3... "oh well we don't have any of those.. but we DO have a 4 door 2.7 you can take home today"
The sales staff wants to sell what is on the lot. It’s less work for them and a quicker turn around on the sale. Not to mention it frees up the money the dealer has invested in what is sitting on the lot.

If they can get you to spend more money, all the better since it means a better commission on the sale.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

Well they want to sell what they have.

When j got my first f150 I argued with the guy if the truck was 4wd. Eventually just asked him to show me how to engage the 4wd and he conceded it was in in fact 2wd.

Next truck had a 4.6 "which is basically the same as the 5 4" that I requested.

Yeah, no. We are done here.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Well they want to sell what they have.

When j got my first f150 I argued with the guy if the truck was 4wd. Eventually just asked him to show me how to engage the 4wd and he conceded it was in in fact 2wd.

Next truck had a 4.6 "which is basically the same as the 5 4" that I requested.

Yeah, no. We are done here.
I would too. That had “I’m going to screw you anyway I can” written all over it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals