Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
If you guys don’t want the tune at least do the k&n filter, I ran it without the tune and I thought I could feel a difference

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 32B05A80BF19AF Expires: July 1st, 2020

njdriver02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Notice an increase in gas mileage I won’t comment on how much to early to tell, still driving pretty hard

Ace Holliday

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I installed the FPP tune this morning. An easy, straightforward process. It provides a very noticeable increase in acceleration and "pull". Of course that assessment is a "seat of the pants" thing.
Shifts feel crisp and at the right time. But my transmission/shifts always felt pretty good to me.
In "D" the trans still skips gears unless I input more throttle than what is sensible for normal around town driving. I have not looked at the tune/tuner to see if there is a way to disable that yet.
My plan is to get to a chassis dyno and get data with the stock tune and the performance tune. I want to know the numbers and compare them side by side. The butt dyno is worthless. It will probably be a few weeks considering the challenges the Chinese Virus that is from "Chi....Na" is inflicting upon us.
When I get data I'll post it here.

Last edited:

njdriver02

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The pro cal tuner doesn’t do much besides flash Ecu, i looked at the gauge option , which only really supports rpm data