• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Flat Earther's

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I figured if I waited long enough, I'd figure out the story behind "project amazing grace" (in your signature).

Let's see.... Dillsburg is not far from Lancaster County, PA. So, my first guess is that you were raised Amish, and went "fancy"? My second guess is that you're a right wing, conservative Christian?
Who clings to his Bible in one hand and as many guns as he can fit into the other, all while driving a tractor with my knees.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Who clings to his Bible in one hand and as many guns as he can fit into the other, all while driving a tractor with my knees.
So the question remains, were you raised Amish? Or am I being too personal?

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
You're not alone, my friend. Although, I don't have any guns, and I don't drive a tractor.

I'm disappointed, by the way. The Sanctuary seems to be empty. Or am I missing something?

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
What's wrong with amish? I happen to live in a heavily amish populated area. It's no big deal to see amish everyday. I honestly like them. They are very friendly and helpful and they sell stuff dirt cheap. They have a few "bent-n-dent" stores (they are literally named "bent-n-dent" too lol) and you can buy a few large boxes of groceries for like $30. Need scrap lumber? they got it for $5 a bundle (few hundred pounds of long thin slab cutoffs), $20 for a truck load of slab wood. Their animals feeds are cheaper too. We easily save a few bucks per bag on chicken and rabbit feed compared to TSC. I've always said that I'd rather be on their good side than their bad side. They have their own laws and state police don't bother to get involved with their issues. They tend to handle most issues themselves and within their community and without the knowledge of English (people who drive cars instead of buggies).

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B3000
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
91 I believe that 1990 meant that as an indication of how self reliant ads is in his daily life.

The Amish are an important part of our national makeup.

Ray

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
So the question remains, were you raised Amish? Or am I being too personal?
I was not raised Amish. I grew up in Dillsburg, and we are at least a good 45 minutes from the nearest Amish group.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Amish would probably think what 99.9% of the people on the planet think about the a round or flat earth, "who cares"

Live and let live, you believe what you want and show me the same courtesy

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I wonder what the amish think of the flat earth theory.
According to my single Amish contact, they don't really care or spend any time thinking about it. Per Enos, my sister's Amish friend:

Enos said:
They don't know the Bible well enough to know it's round, and they don't have social media to tell them it's flat. So they probably don't even think about it.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
What's wrong with amish? I happen to live in a heavily amish populated area. It's no big deal to see amish everyday. I honestly like them. They are very friendly and helpful and they sell stuff dirt cheap. They have a few "bent-n-dent" stores (they are literally named "bent-n-dent" too lol) and you can buy a few large boxes of groceries for like $30. Need scrap lumber? they got it for $5 a bundle (few hundred pounds of long thin slab cutoffs), $20 for a truck load of slab wood. Their animals feeds are cheaper too. We easily save a few bucks per bag on chicken and rabbit feed compared to TSC. I've always said that I'd rather be on their good side than their bad side. They have their own laws and state police don't bother to get involved with their issues. They tend to handle most issues themselves and within their community and without the knowledge of English (people who drive cars instead of buggies).
Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I have nothing whatsoever against the Amish. In fact, I love their lifestyle. I could never live by their rules, but I'd sure enjoy the simple lifestyle that they live.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I was not raised Amish. I grew up in Dillsburg, and we are at least a good 45 minutes from the nearest Amish group.
Ahh, gotcha. I didn't ask Google how far away you actually were. You looked close, but apparently not as close as I thought.

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Well nobody is perfect I guess...
Well, I do ride a bull (The replacement for my 1990 Ranger (now awaiting its fate) is a 1995 Ford Taurus GL. If you remember last spring, I'd posted a thread here titled "1995 Taurus has issues", asking whether I should fix the Taurus (friend's car that he was going to (and has since) give me), or the Ranger).

adsm08

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Ahh, gotcha. I didn't ask Google how far away you actually were. You looked close, but apparently not as close as I thought.
I'm not really that far either though.

Lancaster is somewhat famous for their Amish population because it is relatively large. Lancaster is anywhere from 45 to 90 min away depending on which part and what route I take.

If I go north on US 15 there is a smaller group about 45 minutes away, and then if I go all the way up to Lewisburg, which is about 1:15 away there is another ground between Lewisburg and Mifflinburg. I used to drive through their area all the time on test drives. There are a lot of Mennonites in those areas as well. At my last dealership we used to get a lot of black vans with the radios ripped out.

There is also an Amish group in a small town called Herndon near where I used to live. It's literally one of those "blink and you miss it" type towns. Whole thing is 1/4 mile long. I never witnessed it myself, but I was told by more than one person that the Amish boys would outfit their buggies with the drum brakes from an Aerostar and a hand brake lever, and go drifting through the town square. I was told more than once about how they could spin the whole contraption, horse and all, around in a circle.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals