• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Flat Earther's

1990RangerinSK

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
At church yesterday they mentioned next week is daylight savings time already. Sure doesn't feel like it.

I chuckled to myself and though "yay, after work I will be able to move snow in the daylight!"
Makes me glad that we're on DST year round in Saskatchewan. Our neighbours in Manitoba and Alberta have the sun set at about 3:30pm in the winter (but it rises at 8:00). Here, because we're on DST all year, in the dead of winter it sets at 4:30pm (but rises at 9:00am). Personally, I'd rather have the extra daylight in the evening. Either way, it sure is nice not having to adjust to time change twice per year (but I live near the Manitoba border, and have had to deal with people in Manitoba, so I've been known to ask "your 2:00 or my 2:00?", and have had to be mindful of the time of year, because in the winter they're the same time as we are, but in the summer they're an hour ahead of us.

@adsm08 Earlier in this thread you and I were talking a bit about living here. That's another advantage, if you're keeping track :)

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you ever go to Hawaii they don't do DST so in the winter they are an hour closer to our time before we "spring ahead"
Makes me glad that we're on DST year round in Saskatchewan. Our neighbours in Manitoba and Alberta have the sun set at about 3:30pm in the winter (but it rises at 8:00). Here, because we're on DST all year, in the dead of winter it sets at 4:30pm (but rises at 9:00am). Personally, I'd rather have the extra daylight in the evening. Either way, it sure is nice not having to adjust to time change twice per year (but I live near the Manitoba border, and have had to deal with people in Manitoba, so I've been known to ask "your 2:00 or my 2:00?", and have had to be mindful of the time of year, because in the winter they're the same time as we are, but in the summer they're an hour ahead of us.
Not far off from here in the winter. It gets dark early enough in the dead of winter by the time I get home and suited up to move snow (around a quarter to six) it is pretty much dark.

Now it is dark quite a bit later, like around 6:30. In summer we have usable light to around 9:30

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

@adsm08 Earlier in this thread you and I were talking a bit about living here. That's another advantage, if you're keeping track :)
I can't remember where it is exactly, but there is a town in the Midwest that doesn't observe daylight savings time, is near a time zone demarcation, and depending on the time of year can be up to three hours off the next town over.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
I live an hour away from the central time zone, so traveling and hour west, you arrive at the same time you left. Leave at 3est get there at 3cst.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I live an hour away from the central time zone, so traveling and hour west, you arrive at the same time you left. Leave at 3est get there at 3cst.
Yes, but what happens on the trip back.........................leave at 4cst get home at 6est :(

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yes, but what happens on the trip back.........................leave at 4cst get home at 6est :(
Never go east. Always head west...it's the only way to [time] travel.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Never go east. Always head west...it's the only way to [time] travel.
Yes, but then you run into that pesky International Dateline out over the Pacific, I am sure the Flat Earther's don't have this :)
And you lose a DAY, the whole DAY, poof 24hours...............gone

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
yes it does turn a 0ne hour trip into a 2 hour trip. leave at 1cst drive an hour arrive @ 3 est

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
yes it does turn a 0ne hour trip into a 2 hour trip. leave at 1cst drive an hour arrive @ 3 est
But we may have something here.....................

If we were to do a land speed record from est to cst and we left at 3:00est and arrived at 3:01cst and traveled 60 miles
That's 60 miles in one MINUTE..............

Or 3,600 Miles Per Hour, new land speed record, damn Rangers are F A S T fast :)

Can't argue with MATH
However the mathematician's mental ability can be questioned, lol.
Flat Earth

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Speaking of that...

I have already written to both of my state congressional reps asking them to take this up. My mother in law takes the kids when she gets off work every Weds so I can get some stuff done in the afternoon. Both of my reps have district offices right here in town, about 1 mile from my house no less, I think going to the offices in person to say something just got added to my list for this afternoon.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
back on topic....

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
The flat earth topic is well discussed and proven wrong so many times over. "Quora" is a Forum where you can ask just about any question and the Flat Earth topic is one of the popular ones. That an the "Dome Earth" theory.:bad:

Craig0320

Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Break it right the first time. Fix it better the next time.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I think whats important, flat or round... At least we dont live on a cob planet.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals