• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Farm and Garden

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
I used one of those 8hp Predators on my three-wheeled death machine. It started as an old trisport frame. I put a pod filter on it, made an exhaust out of EMT and an empty propane cylinder, and drilled the jet out and that thing was a beast. The trike would go 55+mph with my big arse on it. I think you'll like it on that blower; may want to stock up on shear pins?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think at this point a shovel would be looking good... :dntknw:

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
I used one of those 8hp Predators on my three-wheeled death machine. It started as an old trisport frame. I put a pod filter on it, made an exhaust out of EMT and an empty propane cylinder, and drilled the jet out and that thing was a beast. The trike would go 55+mph with my big arse on it. I think you'll like it on that blower; may want to stock up on shear pins?
Knock on wood.... but I've never really had an issue with breaking shear pins. I don't think I ever broke one on the blower I'm getting rid of.. but with how sloppy the auger pulley is on that thing the belt might of just been slipping whenever I should of broke one.

I really enjoy the Predators. I built a 212 to go in a yard kart mabey 5 or 6 years ago.. enough compression to constantly wreck stock recoils and with a CVT on the thing it would spin the tires over exactly 2 rotations on dry pavement from a dead stop... which was too much stress for the keyway on its aluminum axle by the way.. mushroomed that thing out in a hurry. Did about 50 at close to 9k rpm.

I think at this point a shovel would be looking good... :dntknw:
Not to my back! Lol.

If I had to shovel this amount of area I'd be missing days of work after. I'll be 32 come the first of the year but my back will be the equivalent of 83.

I'd literally rather scratch build my own sterling engine to run this damn thing than pick up a shovel 😅

Last edited:

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
20221208_174959.jpg

Got the 212 mostly stripped down. It'll eventually power a project I started years ago.

20221208_160929.jpg

Get out. We don't need you where we're going.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Found out where one of the bantams was laying her eggs. under a pile of brush in the fire pit. The duck eggs are about the size of an Extra Large egg in the store, these bantam eggs are about 1/3 the size.

9326E800-6766-450E-9C92-AE6809F12BA4.jpeg

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
I have 1 bantam, she quit laying for about a month then started back up again. I have 6 chickens total, average about 3-4 eggs a day. Occasionally I will have a 5-egg day. Ive never had 6 in one day. The green eggs are all from one chicken, a “easter egger”.
877F588D-4DA7-4BCF-8EA6-6B72D968D589.jpeg
487F1271-74AD-4CCE-B952-34467324BA48.jpeg

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Tractor supply didn't have jack for pulleys when I went in there a few weeks ago, but I just got around to ordering some off Amazon. They'll be here sunday.

The stock drive pulley on the crank was 2.75" and the auger pulley 2".. I had to overdrive the auger a bit.. smallest pulley I could find was 2.35".. the drive will be a touch overdriven too at 2.8"

She's gonna riiiiiiiiip duuuuuuuuuuuuude.

I might make a YouTube video about it actually.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
People mention this and that about having gardens, post up what ya been up to here for everybody to see!

Today, I finished planting my 6 acres of corn.

Live long and prosper lil guy! (pink thing between the gauge wheels (left) and closing wheels (right) is a kernel of seed corn)

Just thumping along planting corn...

So anyway, post 'em up!
What's your tractors name, ET? :D

I haven't tried any gardening since the farming killed all our bees :/
Soon as they dropped all the farm subsidies the farmers sold ever plow and combine they had and started ranching :D
Now the bees are trickling back in I might try another small one.
There's still a bed of asparagus that i covered up good with dry leaves before the hard freezes

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
Been letting my chickens out to roam after I get home from work if its sunny out. They seem to enjoy roaming the yard and do go back to their kennel / coop once it starts to get dark. So far they have been staying close to the house. I plan on building a chicken house this spring, basically a 7 x 15 building along the backside of the garage. Will partition off a 4’ section on one end for feed/supplies. Will be better insulated than my tarped up dog kennel. Ready built buildings are in the 2-3 thousand $ range. So far my estimate on materials is at $500 but thats just for the base & walls, havent looked at roofing stuff.
4D74FAC4-276C-4792-B72A-F46982804580.jpeg

bilbo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
We have quite a few blossoms on a lemon tree we planted, hopefully we get a bunch of lemons! There was a “cold snap” over Christmas that our banana trees did not like though. They were growing quite well, but the leaves look like they got frost-nipped and are dying back. New leaves are coming out, hopefully they will be ok.

We have a big useless deck on the back of our house. There’s already a screened porch area so this just takes up space. If I can ever catch up with the maintenance issues on this house I’d like to build a pergola to shade the wall, with a raised bed to plant some vegetables in. We now live in a poultry friendly town so my son wants to raise some ducks. Those ducks better be damned fast because our GSP was never trained to leave them alone!

Attachments

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
We have quite a few blossoms on a lemon tree we planted, hopefully we get a bunch of lemons! There was a “cold snap” over Christmas that our banana trees did not like though. They were growing quite well, but the leaves look like they got frost-nipped and are dying back. New leaves are coming out, hopefully they will be ok.

We have a big useless deck on the back of our house. There’s already a screened porch area so this just takes up space. If I can ever catch up with the maintenance issues on this house I’d like to build a pergola to shade the wall, with a raised bed to plant some vegetables in. We now live in a poultry friendly town so my son wants to raise some ducks. Those ducks better be damned fast because our GSP was never trained to leave them alone!

Ducks are a giant hassle. Unless you have a large pond or stream on your property I wouldn't bother. They make a big mess, they will eat all your flowers and vegetables, and they are very stubborn. Mine do not want to go into the house at night, they need to be herded.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I mowed with the tractor a week ago, then I moved my Massey Ferguson model 25 3 point disc into the shop to get worked on, I got it cheap at auction (I think $250) but it needed work, it was missing two pins on the ball ends at the ends of the gangs and had some bent stuff and just needed general cleanup, all the bearings were dry and rusty so I apparently get to pull all of those apart... So far I've rebuilt the one piece that was missing, replaced 2 of the 3 pins that need replaced and have two of the 8 bearings cleaned up. Still need to straighten the one twisted piece of 3/8" by 3" bar...

It's sure nice working on it in the shop, it's been in the driveway for 2 years hoping I would work on it, it's been in the shop for a week and a half and I'm 1/4 done... Next no rain chance I get I'm going to drag the AC/DC stick welder to the shop from the garage though, that AC only Thunderbolt isn't my favorite, and I'd sure like to use 7018 on some of the next parts... Stick welding on 3/8" plate is better than wire welding so that's why it's out... The first pic is already in disassembly, I did drag it into the shop on the 3 point on the tractor so it's not at bad as it looks :)

20230108_145205.jpg
20230108_163107.jpg
20230108_163708.jpg

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Is that vice on the post removable? Did you set sockets for it in other areas of the shop so you can move it around? Cool idea.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I’ve seen guys mount their vice and other things on square stock, then attached reviver tube around the shop, various benches, so they can move it wherever they are working.
I’ll see if i can dig up some pictures.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Yes, I put 6 receivers in the floor and made caps to fill the holes while not used, couple months ago I made posts to mount the vise and a bench grinder on, they're pretty nice to be able to walk all the way around something...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals