• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

F-150 coil spacer

Doom's Day Custom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
I have a junk yard by me who has the coil spacer and i can get them for $10.00 or so and i was wonder do you have to do anything to the suspension with the spacer in?? Also how does it ride with them in ?? Does anyone have them and whats there opinion about running them and does anyone have pics???

Thanks ahead of time

jay

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I got mine new... one was around $18 and the other was around $22 brand new from Ford. (Don't ask me why they are different prices, I have no clue, lol).

At any rate, you just remove the shock, remove the wheel (jack it up and use jackstands), then unscrew the nut retaining the coil to the top of the axle beam. Put the spacer that's marked for the left side on the right side of yours (for some reason they seem to fit better that way on RBVs) and the same for the other side. Set the coil back in place and tighten the nut back down. Then reassemble.

It doesn't really change the ride all that much. At least I don't think so. Of course, I never did it in stock form. I went from stock, to 2" lift coils (skyjacker), to 3" lift coils (James Duff), then used the F-150 spring perches to get to 5". If I ever get around to getting them, I have a set of 5.5" James Duff coils being held by a friend for me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals