• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

exploder 8.8 to ranger question

dezert ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
have a 91 explorer 8,8 rear diff which is 3 " wider than stock ,how wide a tire can you run and still clear 4 " fiberglass bulge fenders,i have 32 x 11.5 s and 33 x 12.5s ,my rims are the mickey thompson simulated beadlocks that have some offset,dont want to try and mock up and reweld springpads unless i know it will work with wheel and tire combo,Thanks ,

Quasi242

January 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I have a Ford 9.75 axle (7" wider than the Ranger 8.8) installed on my truck. I am running 315/70 R17 (35"X12.0") tires on wheels with 4.5" backspace. The outer wall of my tires are nearly flush with my Fiberwerx 6" flair bedsides.

Since your axle is roughly 2" narrower per side than my axle, and your bedsides are also 2" narrower per side, it sounds like it should provide a similar fit. Wheel backspace and actual tire width will also play a part in the fit.

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
have a 91 explorer 8,8 rear diff which is 3 " wider than stock ,how wide a tire can you run and still clear 4 " fiberglass bulge fenders,i have 32 x 11.5 s and 33 x 12.5s ,my rims are the mickey thompson simulated beadlocks that have some offset,dont want to try and mock up and reweld springpads unless i know it will work with wheel and tire combo,Thanks ,
should fit prefect in there. i had bed sides that were pulled 3"s and wheels with a 4.5 backspacing on 33x12.5 tires withe 8.8 and it was a little tighter than i liked but worked. for you they should fit nicely up in there

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals