• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Exhaust Options for my 3.0

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hi Guys,

I need some feedback. My exhaust is showing signs of falling off soon, and I want to purchase a new system to replace it. I don't need duals or anything crazy, just a good solid exhaust system that sounds decent (I mean something that sounds like it should be on my truck) and is very durable (I live in the rust belt, and I do go off road every once in a while).

I was thinking Gibson's stainless steel side exit kit, the one where it basically comes out in the stock location. I am definitely willing to pay for the stainless steel version if it will last longer. What are your guys impressions? I'm not looking for power gains, just something that works well and stays together with a good sound.

All input is appreciated!

sonicboom919

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 FFV - Vulcan!
Transmission
Manual
Well, i would buy you a high quality muffler, flowmaster if you want a little louder, or gibson/magnaflow if you want a bit quieter, get like a 2 1/4 in and 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 out muffler and go to your exhaust shop (if you have one) and get it done there. It will save you time and a good chunk of change. I got duals put on my truck for $180 installed...but its all up to you.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
ive got aluminized steel piping and its been holding up very well. im on the west coast of washington (i can hear the ocean right now), and after over a year, there still isnt any surface rust on the pipes.

4x4RangerGuy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the input guys.

I do have a buddy from high school that opened up a custom off-road shop with his dad, and they do custom exhaust work. I think I'll check em out.

Wicked, do you think stainless is worth the extra $$$?

Chic N Stew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9ltr
Transmission
Manual
i would go with flowmaster, i have flowmaster on all but my c10(no exhaust, lol) and i am very pleased with the sound, of course i dont own a quiet car persay, but my ranger is my quietest, but i would definetly go flowmaster, just need to decide how loud u want it

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
Wicked, do you think stainless is worth the extra $$$?
i would say no. the aluminized pipe was considerably cheaper and seems to be holding up just as well. the pipes surface is the same color now as it was the day i had the exhaust installed.

my truck sees the beach regularly, so i consider it to be a pretty good test for this.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals