• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

DVDSWANs 91 XLT Maintenance Build

dvdswan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2WD
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Keep your mind like an umbrella, it only works if its open... Continually learning.
So, it seems I never really started a "build" thread for my Ranger. I bought the truck to do the usual runs to the home store for lumber and whatnot and it has turned out to be a daily driver for me. I bought the truck in February 2021...

IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_2230.JPG

IMG_2231.JPG

Had a nice snow fall not long after, actually the next day...

IMG_2235.JPG

IMG_2247.JPG

After the thaw and the rains came back, I noticed my headliner was wet. I started a thread asking for assistance...

Headliner wet across front. | The Ranger Station

Tons of information given and the leaks were all fixed. I thank everyone of you for your wonderful insight.

Thankfully I found the leaks soon enough that the body wasn't rusted by them.

IMG_2267.JPG

The body seams for the roof, windshield, cargo lamp, and rear window all played their part...

IMG_2251.JPG

IMG_2272.JPG

IMG_2313.JPG

I started to look into installing foglights. More to follow.

IMG_2327.JPG

Weather warmed up and found out the fan clutch was toast..

IMG_2332.JPG

The place I bought the truck from said the water pump was leaking and replaced it. Well for some reason they put loctite on the threads for the fan clutch. Cut off the fan and replaced the water pump as well. Also found the heater core was clogged and replaced that.

A week later, truck running great and one of the heater hoses blew. Replaced all the hoses and radiator cap.

Then, Don't you just hate it when.... | The Ranger Station the cooling system struck again. Pin hole leak on the side of the front cover.

Now with all my cooling issues behind me (one can only hope), I'm cruising down the freeway and something came up and broke my side view mirror glass.

IMG_2351.JPG

Time for an upgrade...

IMG_2368.JPG

Found a set of bucket seats and console from an Explorer. Added some extra foam on the seat and back and cleaned the seat covers.

Bucket Seat Rebuild | The Ranger Station

IMG_2404.JPG

The console in the picture is from a 90s Ford Taurus that I have in my Nissan.

The console I did pull ended up being damaged that I didn't mind, so I thought when I got it but I found another console that was complete and unbroken. Installed that a week later.

The radio started to crap out on me so I found an old AM/FM/CD my son had laying and installed that...

NEW USED FREE RADIO | The Ranger Station

IMG_2418.JPG

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals