• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

dont know where to turn on this

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9v6
Transmission
Automatic
Ok i got a question and i dont know where to ask it . My father has a 2003 f250 v10 4x4 ... ok heres the question is there a way to change the 4x4 from the shift on the fly to the a manual 4x4 ? thanks guys

1993Ranger4x4

Ford Technician
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Slow
Transmission
Manual
Sure you can do whatever you want with whatever you have but it will cost money. You will need a new transfer case at the very least, and all the linkages.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9v6
Transmission
Automatic
any kind of f250 transfer case ? a certain year ?

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
I think the easiest way would be to swap out the transfercase for one from a manual transfercase pickup. They probably still had an option for that in '03 on the F250 (any engine and tranny should work, as long as it's 4wd).

Otherwise, more work intensive, you can put in nearly any transfercase pulled from a fullsize Ford pickup from many years ago (possibly even as far back as the 60s) until as recent as you can find a manual transfercase. I think a good place to look is mid 90s F series. Some had a BW1356 transfercase which was available with manual shift, you would just need to make sure the Ujoints line up and the drive shafts are the correct length (although I don't think the driveshafts would give you many problems and you might just need a conversion UJoint available at most decent auto parts stores). A few other TCases that would probably work, as long as they were taken from a Ford: NP203, NP205, NP208, BW1345, BW1356, and BW4407.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals