• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coronavirus

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
Apparently everything in Michigan is closed that's why people are protesting. Seems to me they have the time to spare.

There's a rally tomorrow. As a politician I'd take the day off. A minor inconvenience. If people were out there every day, I'd feel pressured to make changes.
Yeah. Think about that.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
The US numbers are dropping like a rocket because NY and NJ was the worst. Between two states it was literally half the cases at one point and they were locked down first. The cases popping up now, are states and cities who said "we arent effected" and waited before locking down. This is a time game.... you waited, your gonna keep seeing spikes...

This is 100% delayed reaction vs preperation. And NJ and NY are doing good now but have no plans of reopening anything yet. States that haven't even spiked yet are opening because they are looking at nation wide numbers, not their own.

I guarantee Georgia and florida will spike soon. No one seems to grasp the incubation period and non symptomatic rate. One infected person with no symptoms can wander around for 2 weeks spreading it to others. Its delayed.

And im currently at a weird wake thing for someone who died from this. They are jewish so im told it's shiva.

That's one way to look at it.

Most of the new cases came from those locked down at home in the massive hits.

Soooo.

Seems to me It was already oh noes too late in January.

Traffic was nice.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The US numbers are dropping like a rocket because NY and NJ was the worst. Between two states it was literally half the cases at one point and they were locked down first. The cases popping up now, are states and cities who said "we arent effected" and waited before locking down. This is a time game.... you waited, your gonna keep seeing spikes...
IMO the "we aren't effected" states were not effected because they shut down before anything was there.

They are opening up things and the numbers are going up now. But keeping things shut down indefinatly isn't a great long term plan.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
IMO the "we aren't effected" states were not effected because they shut down before anything was there.

They are opening up things and the numbers are going up now. But keeping things shut down indefinatly isn't a great long term plan.
This is accurate on both counts.

The difference between today and the beginning of March is that we have medical staff standing around, we have medical equipment on hand, we have several viable medical treatments.

We also have numbers that show this isn't as serious or deadly on the levels we were told originally.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
This is accurate on both counts.

The difference between today and the beginning of March is that we have medical staff standing around, we have medical equipment on hand, we have several viable medical treatments.

We also have numbers that show this isn't as serious or deadly on the levels we were told originally.
Medical staff laid off. And ....and...

At a 21 day window....

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

I'd like you to tell my mother your opinion. She has been working in the pit of this shit since it started, and is now working with confirmed patients and deaths. They arent even allowed to transfer a covid patient to the hospital unless they start dieing of something else. You think getting back to normal is good... ask a fucking nurse if they can handle "normal". Cause none here have even had a nap since march....

But by all means... go do you...

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'd like you to tell my mother your opinion. She has been working in the pit of this shit since it started, and is now working with confirmed patients and deaths. They arent even allowed to transfer a covid patient to the hospital unless they start dieing of something else. You think getting back to normal is good... ask a fucking nurse if they can handle "normal". Cause none here have even had a nap since march....

But by all means... go do you...
We are up to 5 cases in my county.

Up until they started opening the state back up we had two. Upkick was possibly unrelated to the slackened restrictions, I don’t know.

The local hospital is glad to get back to business, they basically had a month and a half paid vacation at work with nothing to do. The board was getting nervous about cash flow and concerned how long they could keep paying people to do nothing.

I am far from back to normal, with a leukemia surviver wife that has an immune system of unknown effectiveness and a 6mo old I have been and continue to be careful. But I am not hunkered down in a bunker trapping raccoons and possums for clothing and food out of fear of going out in public either.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
If we get the guys that report for China. Solved this will be.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
85 is now known as snake
126k2e.jpg

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
Sending an eye patch for ranger

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hospital still has nobody actually in it with Covid but for the last month and half the only way you could see anyone was thru ER.

Nothing elective or not life threatening was dealt with. Checkups were dicey, pretty much only the really young or really old.

So now they can go back to milking insurance with much more regular checkups, knee replacements, surgeries etc to keep the lights on and fully staffed.

A friend of mine tore his rotator cuff. Was basically told to suck it up until we can open back up because it wasn’t life threatening.

I am not hoping for a big rush of covid-19 but small town hospitals going bankrupt and closing this summer because they are not getting oil change and tire rotation type stuff (normal gravy work) won’t help survival odds when round 2 + flu hits this fall.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
The 99 plus percent survival probability if your under 45 is the problem.

It needs to be 110 percent survival rate at least.

Just shut it all down.

It's not like retired people get payed to stay at home and can hide from society.

Or at least they won't be for long if this is left as a blanket issue.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I see Wisconsin's stay at home order was tossed out... the state is open. Sounds like local governments are going to place some restrictions based on their own individual requirements. But they were partying at the bars last night... with almost reckless abandonment in a sort of victory dance.

I'm right in the middle.... I see and understand both sides. Damned if you do... damned if you don't.

I got some PPP monies... all it did was ease the pain a bit. It in no way made up for the losses that have to be struggled through... and we were one of the fortunate businesses that weren't ordered closed. I'm not sure how a bunch of these small businesses will ever emerge from the closures. If you run your business out of a rental brick and mortar... with zero sales... You are in serious trouble at this point. Chances are... many will never come back... survive and become viable again.

The Wisconsin ruling was called "Unlawful and Unenforceable"... This is going to ripple in a big way... it won't be long and other states will follow.

I believe we need to get the economy open... this now becomes a test of you versus it.

The Human Petri Dish is about to get tested.

Make good choices... take necessary steps to ensure your personal saftey... and the people around you.

The outcome of opening back up the economy will be based on each and every individuals approach to live with it.

Be safe out there!

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
I see Wisconsin's stay at home order was tossed out... the state is open. Sounds like local governments are going to place some restrictions based on their own individual requirements. But they were partying at the bars last night... with almost reckless abandonment in a sort of victory dance.

I'm right in the middle.... I see and understand both sides. Damned if you do... damned if you don't.

I got some PPP monies... all it did was ease the pain a bit. It in no way made up for the losses that have to be struggled through... and we were one of the fortunate businesses that weren't ordered closed. I'm not sure how a bunch of these small businesses will ever emerge from the closures. If you run your business out of a rental brick and mortar... with zero sales... You are in serious trouble at this point. Chances are... many will never come back... survive and become viable again.

The Wisconsin ruling was called "Unlawful and Unenforceable"... This is going to ripple in a big way... it won't be long and other states will follow.

I believe we need to get the economy open... this now becomes a test of you versus it.

The Human Petri Dish is about to get tested.

Make good choices... take necessary steps to ensure your personal saftey... and the people around you.

The outcome of opening back up the economy will be based on each and every individuals approach to live with it.

Be safe out there!
All I can say is....

rick-morty-rest-ricklaxation.jpg

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals