• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coil lift questions

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. Manual everything. Also how are you liking the 31s with 5.13s? I was thinking about re-gearing after the new tires.
I love the gears. I usually poke on the highway, so they don't bother me there. First and second gear are actually fun. I have really surprised some people with how quick the truck will get up and go, especially from a stop. If I had a stock motor, I would have gone with 4.88s, but I am more than happy with what I have now. I almost decided to put 4.56s in my 7.5, and I am very happy that I didn't. It wouldn't have been near enough gear, and I would have likely broken something in short order bouncing around off road.

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my first ranger was a 88 all manual with the 2.0..i loved that truck!! but ended up choppin it up and layed it on 18s...o well, im smarter now..lol
I know where you are coming from. I had an 89 Nissan hardbody slammed with spoke Daytons on it. The best thing I ever did with that truck was run it into a block wall. It stopped me from spending any more time and money on it. I made a promise to myself after that, that I would never own another vehicle that required me divert from my planned driving route on account of an inability to negotiate speed bumps. A year or so later I was the proud owner of an autocross oriented Mustang with no more ground clearance than the lowrider and a stiffer suspension than anyone would want on the street. I suppose I am one of those that, as they say, will never learn.

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know where you are coming from. I had an 89 Nissan hardbody slammed with spoke Daytons on it. The best thing I ever did with that truck was run it into a block wall. It stopped me from spending any more time and money on it. I made a promise to myself after that, that I would never own another vehicle that required me divert from my planned driving route on account of an inability to negotiate speed bumps. A year or so later I was the proud owner of an autocross oriented Mustang with no more ground clearance than the lowrider and a stiffer suspension than anyone would want on the street. I suppose I am one of those that, as they say, will never learn.
Lolz repped...

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
spoke daytons....hahaha. was it bagged? or just sittin on bump stops?

now with a lifted 4x4 it easy to get out of traffic, up and over the side and down some back roads..lol

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No bags, it was just a static drop. I bolted a piece of scrap titanium to to each corner for a bump stop. They held up well and made cool looking sparks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals