• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coil lift questions

RangerRyan

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0l,2.8l
Transmission
Manual
Hi, guys I am currently rebuilding my 2wd ranger into a mild travel but mostly stock looking ranger. My question is that what should I run for a 2" lift in the front. Here are my 4 options Jeep coils, spacers, EB coils(which I'm not sure if they will fit) or ranger 2" leveling coils. This is a big budget build, only have 2 more month before I have to save for college. Just so you guys get an idea of my plan. I was thinking chevy 64" leaf springs with flipped shackle and re-arched for a little lift. 2" lift in the front with extended radius arms, with f250 shock towers and Fox emulsion shocks all the way around. Also I wouldnt be posting this if I haven't been searching up and down for this but I can't seem to find and info on just a 2" lift.

Last edited:

prerunnerwannabe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I was wondering that too. I am planning on doing almost the same thing to my truck. I was thinking of using the skyjacker soft ride coil so that I could get a bit more droop verses spacers or even other leveling springs that are just stiffer than stock. Keep us posted 'cause I want to know how it turns out.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Jeep coils with only 2 inches of lift would have you hitting the bumps stops all the time, beside other issues.

RangerRyan

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0l,2.8l
Transmission
Manual
Would the stock EB coils provide a lift?

RangerRyan

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0l,2.8l
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, early bronco but I just went with the spacers for now since they're cheap. I probably will upgrade later.

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Jeep coils with only 2 inches of lift would have you hitting the bumps stops all the time, beside other issues.
Are they that soft? I was thinking of getting a set of 4" lift Jeep coils, thinking they would net me a 3" lift and be of similar stiffness to stock Ranger springs.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
IIRC stock ranger coils are ~ 420 ppi, jeep are ~ 275 ppi.
I did a bunch of research a couple of years ago but lost all my links and saved info. I did buy some stock '79 full size bronco coils that were about 315 ppi and 4 " longer than stock ranger coils. I haven't tried them yet but figured I'd get ~ 2 1/2" lift. You could also try the stx hirider coils, they are 2" longer than stock ranger coils.

Richard

lethal-threat-b288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Get some f150 coils, 2" lift on mine. Seems to ride better

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Floored, I did some of the same research, also too long ago to remember details. Thanks for the info though, lethal and jesse too, it will help me. I need around a 3 inch lift. Looks like maybe F-150 coils and F-250 shocks are next on the list. I'm still not completely convinced yet that Jeep coils are too soft for a Ranger, especially mine. With a 2.0, Manual steering, manual brakes, no AC, a radiator that looks like something from a motorcycle, no interior, and no emissions BS, my truck is probably about as light in the front as they get.

RangerRyan

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0l,2.8l
Transmission
Manual
Floored, I did some of the same research, also too long ago to remember details. Thanks for the info though, lethal and jesse too, it will help me. I need around a 3 inch lift. Looks like maybe F-150 coils and F-250 shocks are next on the list. I'm still not completely convinced yet that Jeep coils are too soft for a Ranger, especially mine. With a 2.0, Manual steering, manual brakes, no AC, a radiator that looks like something from a motorcycle, no interior, and no emissions BS, my truck is probably about as light in the front as they get.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. Manual everything. Also how are you liking the 31s with 5.13s? I was thinking about re-gearing after the new tires.

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
my first ranger was a 88 all manual with the 2.0..i loved that truck!! but ended up choppin it up and layed it on 18s...o well, im smarter now..lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals