• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clear Tails for 88 Ranger

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ome states it doesn't matter what color bulbs.....

I advise to check local and state laws before spending money on a pair....

i have, there are DOT approved clear rear lenses, i know becuase ive had them on SEVERAL of my rangers. in NJ a lifted ranger has togo through stability if it is lifted mroe then 4", which basically means they go over the truck with a fine tooth comb for EVERYTHING.

clear taillights on 2 of my rangers passed stability test, i had the pictures of all sides of the truck attached to my tilt papers .

NOW, plain clear taillights(with no reflectors) are illegal in all states no questions asked.

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I say worry about it when you actually get in trouble for it. IF you get in trouble (doubtful), then just stick them back on ebay and you'll sell them for as much or more than what you bought them for. Had similar lights on mine for a couple of years, lived in 2 different states and even got pulled over once with no problems. A cop is really gonna have to be in a bad mood or you're gonna have to be doing something stupid for them to actually care.

Can't run around scared all of the time.

Heres the set I got to replace the shitty set I had...however I am painting them red with HOK candy apple above the reverse light.

Nooooooo. Dont paint them sell them to me. lol Are the old shitty ones you hace clears also? How bad of condition are they in. I still might be interested. Im not having any luck finding a set.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Nooooooo. Dont paint them sell them to me. lol Are the old shitty ones you hace clears also? How bad of condition are they in. I still might be interested. Im not having any luck finding a set.
i waited nearly a year to buy them, you just have to be patient.

The shitty ones I have are so shitty that the plastic on the back warped, and the bulb melted to the goofy red thing that was on the inside, theres no way to get a bulb in either of them. I tried the trick where you put them in the oven, then seperate the lense from the back, but I ended up cracking one of them in the process.

If you want the "shitty" ones, heres where I got them... http://www.memoimports.com/mi/index.php?fa=prt.category_aft&cat=Ford Trucks&cat_id=8
but it looks to me like they no longer sell them.

the ones I had...see the red caps that go over the bulbs? The bulbs actually melted to those..

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals