• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

CA Mandates all trucks must be electric beginning in 2024

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Here's another.....
Wile E. Coyote actually did that first one in one of those old toons. He once did something with a magnet as well. Can't recall. Have to go home and watch all those old toons again, been awhile.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes, the coyote did use a fan and a sail, but..................extension cord came unplugged........................and yes that was when he was in the open air above the canyon

The magnet was used to attract steel balls the coyote had put in the roadrunners food, but the steel balls, now inside the roadrunner, didn't come to him, he went to the steel balls, and of course ended up in open air above the canyon, or smashed face first into an obstacle, I think there were a few with magnets

I like the coyote, at least he was doing something, building and thinking, the roadrunner just ran around

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Yes, the coyote did use a fan and a sail, but..................extension cord came unplugged........................and yes that was when he was in the open air above the canyon

The magnet was used to attract steel balls the coyote had put in the roadrunners food, but the steel balls, now inside the roadrunner, didn't come to him, he went to the steel balls, and of course ended up in open air above the canyon, or smashed face first into an obstacle, I think there were a few with magnets
Wasn’t he wearing roller skates?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes I think he was

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wasn’t he wearing roller skates?
Yeah, old Wile E is my hero! He exhibits lots of sticktuitiveness (Is that even a word, LOL!). He never stops trying to get din-din. He's really got to be hungry by now!

My all time favorite of his is when those exploding darts he made spend the whole toon chasing him down and exploding on his person. LMAO!!

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes, even for a cartoon character he showed an amazing quality to "get the job done", Murphy's Law, and addendum, be damned

I would suppose he just ate alot of wabbit :)

The E stands for Ethelbert

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, even for a cartoon character he showed an amazing quality to "get the job done", Murphy's Law, and addendum, be damned

I would suppose he just ate alot of wabbit :)

The E stands for Ethelbert
Not many people know that one. I did, but had forgotten it. Wonder where that name originated? Hmmmm.....

In some of the toons, he tried making a turkey out of mud, cooking it and busting his teeth on it. Eating tin cans, scavenging through trash cans. My dad and I used to st and watch them all the time when I was a kid. He just got a major hoot out of his antics. I still do, never gets old.

Remember the Ant and The Aardvark? He showed an amazing ability to keep on chasing that little red ant. And never ever catch him. I love old toons. Have a bunch of them on a portable hard drive, that play on an FLV player. All the Bugs, Daffy, Foghorn Leghorn, Elmer, Yosemite Sam, Tweety and Sylvester, Pete Puma, Black Jack Shellac, Pink Panther, The Inspector, Ant and the Aardvark, Tom and Jerry, and a bunch of other old toons with other odd characters. All told, around 1000 of them. Great for rainy days and winter time.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Not many people know that one. I did, but had forgotten it. Wonder where that name originated? Hmmmm.....

In some of the toons, he tried making a turkey out of mud, cooking it and busting his teeth on it. Eating tin cans, scavenging through trash cans. My dad and I used to st and watch them all the time when I was a kid. He just got a major hoot out of his antics. I still do, never gets old.

Remember the Ant and The Aardvark? He showed an amazing ability to keep on chasing that little red ant. And never ever catch him. I love old toons. Have a bunch of them on a portable hard drive, that play on an FLV player. All the Bugs, Daffy, Foghorn Leghorn, Elmer, Yosemite Sam, Tweety and Sylvester, Pete Puma, Black Jack Shellac, Pink Panther, The Inspector, Ant and the Aardvark, Tom and Jerry, and a bunch of other old toons with other odd characters. All told, around 1000 of them. Great for rainy days and winter time.
My favorite Looney Toons character:

Yes, I printed his picture up and stuck it in the window of a truck at work that has electrical gremlins.

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you want to make an electric truck work, you can work around the limitations

Very few of us can drive for 1,500 miles at speed limit without a bio break. In fact, regulations in Canada state one must take a 30 minute break every 8 hours. So, you are looking at ~500 miles + appropriate reserves before you need an energy restoration.

A class 8 truck requires just over 200hp to travel 110 km/h. Which is why the 280 hp N855 I historically drove could tool along at speed limit. Power breaks down as follows:
53% Aerodynamic resistance
32% Rolling Resistance
9% Auxiliaries
6% Drivetrain.

Tesla with their class 8 truck reduces aerodynamic resistance by 40% through moving driver to cab center and designing an aerodynamic cab, closing the gap to the trailer, improving airflow under trailer and controlling airflow behind trailer. They do the same thing with their cars – they are much more Taurus jelly beans, than rugged Wranglers.

Back in ‘80s, Audi demonstrated with their Quattro AWD system, that a driven tire has slightly less resistance than an undriven one. So, Tesla tractors will have all wheel drive. In fact, they would like to power the trailer if possible. Hybrid powered trailers work behind ICE tractors too, but adding motors to trailer makes them expensive so not a commodity item – you don’t just drop yours and hook up to next one.

Electrically driven auxiliaries shave a couple percent as per Ranger discussions re: electric cooling fans/power steering/brake booster/etc.

And electric drivetrain has about half the losses – no transmission, no differential.

The result is the Telsa truck needs about 70% of the power of the classic Kenworth W990 to pull the load. Of course, all the above can be applied to an ICE tractor – you just have to convince truckers that a tractor that looks like the nose of the Bullet train is the future.

NRC studies show 60% of trailers are cubed out before they weight out – unfortunately, I can’t find numbers on what the average load is.

On other hand, I supremely doubt California’s electrical grid can sustain a significant increase in load - Last time I checked, they had issues meeting current load.

Personally, I think hybrid is the solution; but that is worst of both worlds in the both the ICE and Green camps.

And my favourite Looney Toons character is Jessica Rabbit – she’s not bad, she’s just drawn that way.

Attachments

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
That don't look like no wascally wabbit to me! In as much as females are wascally anyway.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals