• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Before I buy let me hear your opinions

ish474

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just bought a 93 2wd short bed single cab and it's getting dropped by the end of the month. I'm only going 3-4 because it's still going to be a daily driver 5.0 and all. Anybody had any good/bad luck with any of the drop kits out there. I've never liked most companies I beams. Just wanted to get a few first hand opinions about specific companies. BTW 17inch wheel vintiques steelies powder coated carmel with chrome rings and centers and a flat lime green paint job with caddy taillights it ought to be sick. Pictures as progress continues.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Well the best I beams I have heard of using are the DJM dream beams, I personaly have not got to deal with the I beams YET, but have heard nothing but good things about them.

And just another question a 5.0 as a daily driver ?

ish474

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It's not an H.O. so it doesn't make that much HP I bought a 89 grand marquies with 80k in perfect shape (gets 24 mpg in the merc) and the ranger for a grand. Too good to pass up. I bought an Explorer disk brake rear today and the rest of the stuff should be here by the end of next week. Thanks for the heads up I'm going to order the drop kit sat. I'll post some pics up as I get it going.

lilrebelranger67

V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
keep me posted on your progress

mbub16

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L EFI
Transmission
Manual
i purchased the djm drop kit and installed it myself, i personally like it, the front rides good with the i-beams, but the back bounces all over the place. i do not know if other companies make their i beams out of different material, but i really like the DJM

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
X2 ^^^ I love my DJM beam kit. I got my axle flip brackets from another source, but they are only U shaped brackets that let you flip the axle and help to locate it properly.

Good Luck mand and keep us posted . . .

Army

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Got my 3/4 DJM kit from Stylin' Concepts, and it bolted up with zero problems.

Mbub16, your factory shocks ore bottomed out. You need lowered shocks for more travel.

DangerangerHD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you want to save some money grind the rivits down on your stock leaf spring shackles, knock them off and flip em over, reatach with grade 8's. I did that and got about 3-4 inches drop in the back. I bought the djm beams and just got em in bought 45 mins ago, took alot to break through 15 years of corrosion but they sure beat the ride of the cut springs 10 fold. Make sure you use drop shocks on the rear but not the front. I've also heard a few people say the djm's warp, i'm not worried but with the extra weight of the 5o might create a prob call djm and find out. Also look at replies to what I posted today incase you run into the same problem.

Oh, yeah and Mbub16 most definately get some lowered shocks out back, I had the same prob and that fixed it.

DangeRangerHD:headbang:

Last edited:

Hibs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
If you want to save some money grind the rivits down on your stock leaf spring shackles, knock them off and flip em over, reatach with grade 8's. I did that and got about 3-4 inches drop in the back.
Any pics of said process?

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals